Lowered Seat

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Lowered Seat

1. ZeeAviatrix
    ZeeAviatrix
    Hey, Ya'll, thanks for joining! And thanks to Randyjaco for posting some pictures. That seat looks super comfortable! In a previous post you called it "Terry's seat?" I'd like to know more about it.

My seat is the original BMW seat which is definitely not the most comfortable seat in the world. I haven't taken very long trips on it but I'm going to guess that I'm going to feel it after a couple of hours.

Any other suggestions on seats would be greatly appreciated!
    1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
    Thanks Flook thanked for this post
  2. Randyjaco
    Randyjaco
    Terry is a retired Kawasaki dealer that now makes seats. He is a big name among Kawasaki folks. I put one on my 650 Versys years ago. So when I was unhappy with my ST seat, I ordered one from him. You have to send him a seat pan and he will build it up for you. Since it is just Terry and his wife doing the work, it takes a while. Mine took about 6 months. Totally worth it. He will ask for pictures of you seated on your bike and comments on what you want.
    1 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
    Thanks ZeeAviatrix thanked for this post
    Likes ZeeAviatrix, Flook liked this post
  3. Gunther
    Gunther
    Btw, now I remember how I felt after having mounted the MZ risers (they move the handlebar upwards and also backward about 1")... I wasn't leaning anymore to reach the grips, and on that more upright position, I was also able to flat feet easily with one foot, it was also easier to pull the bike backwards with the tips of my feet. I confess I'm not sure it was only an impression though, Hope it helps
    0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
    Likes Flook liked this post
  4. ZeeAviatrix
    ZeeAviatrix
    Gee, I don't think I could be without my bike for 6 months!! I could possibly use my Honda Rebel but that would be like going from a Mercedes SLK to a Volkwagen Beetle! With the improved seat and cushioning, Randyjaco, is Terry still able to keep it as a "lowered" seat? Thanks...
    0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
    Likes Flook liked this post
  5. Randyjaco
    Randyjaco
    I had an extra seat, Terry just needs the pan, which you should be able to get cheap from Ebay, etc.
    0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
    Likes Flook, ZeeAviatrix liked this post