We are curious... - Huskytalk.com - Husqvarna Motorcycle Forum

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Real Name
    REV'IT!
    08-19-13
    Hi all,

We are here to learn from- and talk to you about your passion!

It is our mission to inspire motorcyclists worldwide to get out and ride. Whether it’s out on the track, going down a remote desert road or cruising city streets, our goal is to produce equipment that enhances and improves your riding experience.

The REV’IT! brand was born out of passion. Passion for making well designed motorcycle clothing, with love for the product and a keen eye for details and a passion for making well designed motorcycle clothing at an affordable price point.

We are curious what gear you are wearing, what is important, what you like and everything else you want to share with us!

Talk to you soon.
    REV'IT!
    www.revitusa.com Thank you for riding with us! 

2. Likes DWS liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

05-30-14
    Your boots are not too bad, takes a while to break them in and the water resistance is not up to what I expected, but still, all in all not a bad product.

5. Thanks REV'IT! thanked for this post

Real Name
    Mark
    10-21-19
    Motorcycle
    '16 R1200GS ADV
    Motorcycle
    '13 CRF250L
    I have the Rev-It Cayenne Coat and Pants and they are great. My go to jacket when I need protection from the cold. Nice stuff.

7. Thanks REV'IT! thanked for this post
  8. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Zelhem, Netherlands de100kb is offline Volunteer Moderator - Global

Real Name
    Karim
    08-28-18
    Motorcycle
    '10 R1200R
    Hi REV'IT welcome to f800riders.org.

I use my bike primarily for riding to and from work, almost all year round so I have several sets of (Goretex type) textile trousers and coats I can wear over my work clothes.

My main coat is a Rukka coat which I chose for the Goretex Lock-out zipper. When I bought it only Rukka offered a coat in my size with Lock-out and I specially wanted that because the standard 'zipper and Velcro' combinations I used before all started to let wind through when the Velcro lost its bite after some years of use what is a nuisance when riding in winter time.

My main trousers are made by a Dutch firm , the Damen Leathers Jura pants for wintertime and some Dane pants for winter. Don't remember the type. And for the hot days I have a set of mesh gear.

I chose the Jura pants for the 'dungarees' design (tuinbroek in Dutch), so my back does not get cold and I don't have to use a belt to keep it up.

My main boots are Daytona GTX boots and I have use several sets of gloves for all conditions.

10. Thanks REV'IT! thanked for this post

Real Name
    Dave
    05-23-18
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800 GT
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800ST
    I have the Rev'it Horizon Jacket, Tornado pants, SLR and Monster gloves. All great stuff. The only minor flaw is with the collar button on the Horizon. With the liner in, it is too tight around the throat for longer than 20 minutes. A bit of velcro would have done better, but still, it is the best jacket I've ever owned, and it's hi-viz! I also upgraded to the SAS-TEC back armour. Fits perfectly.

Looking to buy a rev'it Galactic jacket later this year.

Cheers,

dave
    2007 F800ST-------> 2013 F800GT 

Real Name
    REV'IT!
    08-19-13
    Hi Dave, Thanks for the feedback. I will discuss it with our product developement team. What do you think of the overall fit of the Horizon jacket?

03-05-14
    I bought a pair of the H20 a few years ago and really liked them. It then led me to replace some other gear back in '11 and replaced it with the Sand Jacket/Pants. Love it! I was concerned that it may not be comfortable with the weather but its just right. Sometimes I wish it would wear out so I can buy another set.
    I have a short season so I try to rack up as many miles once the snow clears. Usually 1-3 day trips at a time around the State.

14. Likes REV'IT! liked this post

Real Name
    Dave
    05-23-18
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800 GT
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800ST
    Quote Originally Posted by REV'IT! View Post
    Hi Dave, Thanks for the feedback. I will discuss it with our product developement team. What do you think of the overall fit of the Horizon jacket?
    Love it. I'm about 5' 11" -6.0' and 165 lbs, with an athletic frame. Previously, I had a Tourmaster Transition II in a medium. I went with a medium in the Horizon and if a touring jacket can be somewhat "race fitted" it is the Horizon. The old Tourmaster used to bulk up and crease when I sat on the bike. The Horizon does not, and it is much more sleek. It's also a 4 season jacket for me as it seals up well, and its waterproofing keeps the fog/drizzle off.
    2007 F800ST-------> 2013 F800GT 

Real Name
    Friends call me Kelsow
    11-23-14
    Motorcycle
    '10 F800GS
    I wanted to purchase the Sand jacket and pants but the company (revzilla) wouldn't/couldn't ship to Canada.
    Trade barrier maybe?

I looked into sourcing a set from a Canadian distributor but the price was 1/3 more. Items were not in stock and there would be no refund if it didn't fit.
    I bought BMW gear.

Your website isn't loading BTW. http://www.revit.eu/en/#/home is stuck at 84%

Real Name
    Paul
    09-22-22
    Motorcycle
    '09 F800GS
    Wow, what a great idea, Rev'It, to show up on here like this. I don't own any of your stuff yet, but just doing this has made me curious.

Imagine BMW putting, say an F800 senior designer and an engineer on the job in here, taking questions, hearing beefs. To be able to speak to the people who built your bike about what you love and don't love about it would make owners feel something approaching ecstasy. Aside from letting their customers know that someone from BMW gives a damn, they'd learn what matters to riders on their bikes. What you guys are doing is the way of the future in marketing, product development and innovation. I thumbs up you.

18. Thanks REV'IT! thanked for this post
    Likes DWS, TelemarkTumalo, de100kb, Flook liked this post
    Real Name
    Brent
    09-13-14
    Motorcycle
    '14 Street Triple
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    Have your Ignition 2 jacket and absolutely love it. Flows a good amount of air and it looks fabulous. Fits great all around, with or without liners/thermal. It's my go-to jacket up to about 80F. I switch to a textile mesh Oly GT (a few years old) when it's warmer than that if I'm riding slow around town.

I've been eyeballing the Tornado stuff but am afraid I'd end up wearing the Ignition 2 less

Just picked up ur newer Neutron gloves in black. Very nice, flow good air, comfortable, and good balance of protection, feel, and sleek look. I'm very happy with them, but if i had 1 nitpick it's that I find the cuffs a bit large/loose, even though the gloves are just the right fit for me and I don't have skinny wrists. Either slightly less material in the cuff or more Velcro for a tighter closer would help.

I'm a big fan...your products are very nicely designed and are well made. Welcome to the forum!
    Current: 2014 Triumph Street Triple R
    Retired: 2013 F800GT w/Safety and Comfort Packages, P3 brake lights, Photon Blasters, Vario levers and LED signals 

20. Thanks REV'IT! thanked for this post
    Real Name
    REV'IT!
    08-19-13
    Hi Kelsow,

Thanks for your feedback and I am sorry to read about the trouble you had.
    It is true Revzilla is not allowed to ship to Canada and the conditions the Canadian distributer offered you are not ideal.
    I have forwarded your feedback to our sales manager.
    Thank you for making us aware of this difficulty.

Real Name
    REV'IT!
    08-19-13
    Quote Originally Posted by theworm View Post
    Have your Ignition 2 jacket and absolutely love it. Flows a good amount of air and it looks fabulous. Fits great all around, with or without liners/thermal. It's my go-to jacket up to about 80F. I switch to a textile mesh Oly GT (a few years old) when it's warmer than that if I'm riding slow around town.

I've been eyeballing the Tornado stuff but am afraid I'd end up wearing the Ignition 2 less

Just picked up ur newer Neutron gloves in black. Very nice, flow good air, comfortable, and good balance of protection, feel, and sleek look. I'm very happy with them, but if i had 1 nitpick it's that I find the cuffs a bit large/loose, even though the gloves are just the right fit for me and I don't have skinny wrists. Either slightly less material in the cuff or more Velcro for a tighter closer would help.

I'm a big fan...your products are very nicely designed and are well made. Welcome to the forum!
    Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. This is a pleasure to read
    Just one question;do you wear your gloves over or under the sleeves of your jacket?
    Thanks in advance!

01-18-16
    Motorcycle
    '12 F800 ST
    Hi Rev'It, nice to see a manufacturer here. Not sure if you value feedback from the tropics (Singapore, in my case), but over here the challenge is to balance the desire to be geared up against having to suffer the weather (hot and humid, wet, or hot, humid and wet).

I am an all-the-gear-all-the-time rider but I don't use Rev'it gear because I'm a big believer in Kevlar over mesh.

I do have a colleague who has a jacket, pants and gloves from Rev'It and he does rate them highly for style, build quality and material, for the price. He wears gear all the time too, so comfort is a high priority.

Another issue you might face in Asia is perhaps a sizing one; my waist is only 27" and my colleague's is 29", so he can jusssst about fit into your smallest riding pants but I've had to look elsewhere!

One more thing to look into perhaps is that the brand isn't particularly well-promoted; I have no idea who the distributor for Singapore is (if any), for instance. I'd say you have quite positive word-of-mouth reputation, though.

Hope that helps.

Real Name
    Brent
    09-13-14
    Motorcycle
    '14 Street Triple
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. This is a pleasure to read
    Just one question;do you wear your gloves over or under the sleeves of your jacket?
    Thanks in advance!
    Since the Neutrons are summer shorties, I wear them under the sleeves.
    Current: 2014 Triumph Street Triple R
    Retired: 2013 F800GT w/Safety and Comfort Packages, P3 brake lights, Photon Blasters, Vario levers and LED signals 

Real Name
    Cheri
    07-10-17
    Motorcycle
    '13 F700GS
    Motorcycle
    '14 F700GS
    I'm late to the party, but I'm happy to provide feedback. I am a short woman 5'2" (157.5 cm) with a solid build. I have the ladies grey Tornado Jacket size 42, Olympia black men's pants size 32, various gloves (I haven't found the right pair yet), combat boots, and. Shoei RF1100 helmet.

I purchased the men's Olympia pants before I discovered Rev'it. Most woman's pants are too long for me (even the "short" versions). The seat inseam was always too tall and would come up under my breasts. I may be short but I am proportionate. The men's pants had the right seat height and I shortened the legs for a better fit.

The tornado jacket fits me perfectly!!! My only dislike is that the zippers attaching the liner are not full zippers. I would also like to see a waterproof liner with no insulation at all. Just a waterproof shell. I find the liner too warm for rainy summer days. Overall though, the jacket fits perfect! Well designed (love the vents in the back armour) and well made.

I would like to get the ladies tornado pants in the short version, but I find the thighs slightly too snug (but not by much). If I go up to the size 44, they are too big overall. Too bad, as I would like a matching set.

Real Name
    REV'IT!
    08-19-13
    Hi Cheri,

Thanks for your feedback. I will forward your request about the connection zipper to our product development team it is valuable feedback for!
    Sorry to read the fit of matching trousers is not good for you. We make specific ladies trousers and men trousers but we also have a few uni models. Perhaps the Enterprise might be a better option:
    www.revitusa.com/en-us/#/products/FPT058
    Thanks for your comments and thanks for riding with us!

Real Name
    Kirby McBurney
    01-31-16
    Motorcycle
    '13 F700GS
    I've been wearing the Rev' It! Tornado Hi-Vis Jacket and Tornado pants for the past month; riding through a hot/humid Ontario summer (up to 43degC with the Humidex). The Jacket is excellent; super flow through of air and looks great. Only thing I would have liked is some sort of pocket on the bicep or forearm to add a credit card sized parking pass or even a "loop" near the shoulder that a lanyard could be attached to - the parking machine at work is incredibly finicky and you have to fumble quickly with your pass before you time out and have to back you bike up and try again! I've also been using the Rev'It! Summit H2O Gloves which are very comfortable but do get warm in this type of weather. I can't think of any sort of vent system you might be able to apply but that's pretty much my only gripe.

Real Name
    Cheri
    07-10-17
    Motorcycle
    '13 F700GS
    Motorcycle
    '14 F700GS
    Hi Cheri,

Thanks for your feedback. I will forward your request about the connection zipper to our product development team it is valuable feedback for!
    Sorry to read the fit of matching trousers is not good for you. We make specific ladies trousers and men trousers but we also have a few uni models. Perhaps the Enterprise might be a better option:
    www.revitusa.com/en-us/#/products/FPT058
    Thanks for your comments and thanks for riding with us!
    Thank you for that tip, I'll have a look at the the uni models. I'll also have another look at the ladies tornado pants. I do want something more fitted and perhaps I just got used to my baggy men's pants.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

07-01-15
    Motorcycle
    '07 SV650
    Motorcycle
    '11 F800R
    I have the Revit Siren Jacket, Mistral and Marryl pants, the Violet base layer set, and gloves. I really like the fit of the gear, however, I had an issue with the seams coming loose in the neck area of my Siren jacket, and it got replaced (great customer service). I still wish there would be more high-quality women's gear with Goretex and superfabric (as in the men's line), ideally with a high-vis option. I looked into the Legacy GTX jacket (now discontinued) but I didn't like black. I see an unfortunate trend of Revit using more polyester fabrics instead of Cordura (or other polyamides) in women's gear and I don't think they are as safe. It would also nice to see double layers of fabric in impact areas. Another jacket on my wish list would be a light-colored, race-quality touring leather jacket with ventilation zippers. I noticed that sizing has recently changed, too... now I need one size smaller in Revit.
    My primary touring set is the BMW comfort shell because of its versatility (waterproof c-change), large and preformed protectors, and dynatex fabric.

30. Likes Asi00007 liked this post

12-19-15
    I have used the Sciroco as my main jacket (except summer) since 2008. Your current "equivalent" isn't an exact equivalent and would not be a replacement choice.
    Have Cayenne pants, also a go to item.

Own a Tornado jacket and pants also. These are not as satisfactory. The jacket vents poorly for mesh compared to others. I relegated it to backup and replaced it with a better Olympia hi viz AirGlide. The Tornado pants turn out to be the worst I've ever used for a simple but extremely stupid oversight by either the designer or maker= the material that provides a water resistance at the cuff liner is a rubber item that snags literally everything from bare feet to socks to boots or whatever one has on so it is very difficult to even put these things on. Now I know I have to interview the guys at Revzilla any time I might contemplate buying another item of yours to be sure this bit of stupidity has not been repeated. I guess there is a small chance the maker sewed that material on backwards but if so that says poor quality inspection at the factory.

I have been looking at your latest high end GoreTex laminate stuff but not pleased that there is no high viz model. I have rejected Klim gear for the same reason- their hi viz in the equivalent is not available- apparently they're using off shore supply with long lead times and their purchase by the snowmobile guys has reduced any sense of urgency in their management. My helmets are all white and my bikes all have extra lights and reflective material- I demand every possible way to stack the odds in my favor- been riding over 50 yrs and want to live to continue until I'm too old.

Have a set of older RevIT H20 gloves that are serviceqble and comfortable but suffer from the fact that the liner sticks to wet hands and is not well secured in the glove. I typically use either Held WarmN Dry or BMW Pro Summer gloves instead for that reason tough Held Steves are my go to to item for dry conditions.

Don't even think of you guys as a boot maker. There are too many boot specialists who make excellent stuff starting with Spidi and going on to the others.

Its about time you started providing decent back pads but they should be standard especially in higher end gear. Whether your choice to make them optional is driven by $ or lawyers- it is not at all admirable. Your primary goal should be to protect as many riders as possible with the product in its "as sold" form.

Also re pads, I am fed up with folks who fail to advance both the comfort and protection of these items so they get more use. Specifically, hard Knox stuff and similar is seriously obsolete- far too uncomfortable over elbows and knees if garment fits closely. Same for SASTec- their shape edges are an extreme annoyance in some stuff and it still doesn't bend well or is too hard- they need to invest in better molds. Best that can be said for it is that its the cheapest certified stuff out there that's better than Knox. The best current stuff is D3O or the multi layer items and that is what should be standard in all gear, especially higher end stuff. You need to develop some better stuff for joints, shoulders, etc now that you're in the pad biz. Also, stop with the dinky hip pads trend. I'm not a girl and don't care if they add an inch to my hips- they need more protective area than you currently do.

05-30-14
    I use Rev it boots, long time breaking in but ok value for the price.
    I never bought a Rev it jacket, reviewers mentioned the waterproofing problems.

Too bad Motorrad wouldnt step up and ask riders opinions on this BB.
    Take a bow, you guys, for actively seeking rider/customer feedback.

05-30-14
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
    Your boots are not too bad, takes a while to break them in and the water resistance is not up to what I expected, but still, all in all not a bad product.
    Spoke too soon! My two year old Rev'It boots have developed a serious separation of the sole from the boot. I liked the boots, but now have to pay for repairs. Good thing I kept my 26 year old Vetter Street Feet boots made in Korea that I used to use. They have now taken the place of your product until I can get a decent repair made. In the future, I am now going to hesitate before buying another Rev'It product. Sorry, but boots should last longer than 2 years without needing repairs. I've also got a pair of 14 year old motocross boots that are in great shape. I take care of my gear so that is not the issue with your product, I am doing my part.

34. Likes pogi liked this post

07-01-15
    Motorcycle
    '07 SV650
    Motorcycle
    '11 F800R
    Well, not many responses from Rev'it here. I want to add that a seam in my Violet base layer pants opened up and because they were just slightly over a year old, Rev'it refused any warranty on them. The seams really turn out to be a weak point in Rev'it gear and they shouldn't be at that price point.

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    I thought to myself, 'at last a manufacturer that not only wants replies but who may act on them, otherwise why set up a post as they have'. They have replied five times including the original post, there last post was 17. They either have lost interest in the post or have decided not to reply to the rest.

I am not a Rev'it customer, however, I am looking to replace my stuff except the boots. The apparent lack of replies here, have made me think, that having started the post and seem to ignore comments, they may now lose out due to this lack of communication.

Flook
    Please note, the thoughts and opinions of Flook does not necessarily reflect the thoughts and opinions of other posts & site users therein

Real Name
    Paul
    09-22-22
    Motorcycle
    '09 F800GS
    I too, Dave, thought this was a turning point of some sort, a fantasy realized -- and I'm also not (so far) a Rev'it client. But I think for a company to do this might prove be too overwhelming in a few ways. First off, they'll have to deal with a few kooks (and Flooks), and have the sense to know them from truly insight-laden contributors. Secondly, they'll have to actually face up to, and in a public, face-losing way, the shortcomings of their offering. Thirdly, in my experience, the way most companies run -- meaning not very fleet of foot, not interested in listening to non-management opinions, averse to any type of criticism that might compromise their internal political standing, terrified of offering competitors a peak at their own weak points -- et cetera, it's bound to be just too much. Many companies don't necessarily want to improve their product -- more their competitive positioning. That might seem counterproductive to long term survival, but unless they're privately held and controlled by talented, driven people who truly have the best interests of the org in mind, that's the reality. Or maybe that OP got fired for doing this.

38. Likes Flook liked this post

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Some how champers, I think they are no longer listening, so why make the thread if they are not going to listen and let know they are.

Me thinks this is a dead end thread, unless Revit know otherwise and become curious once more.

Who knows, Revit knows that is who

Flook
    Please note, the thoughts and opinions of Flook does not necessarily reflect the thoughts and opinions of other posts & site users therein

01-22-21
    I used revit Jacket it was good.

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Question - are Revit still in business!