Bye bye Irv Seaver - Huskytalk.com - Husqvarna Motorcycle Forum

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Real Name
    AJ
    10-07-15
    Motorcycle
    '09 F650GS (Twin)
    Well, after 4 1/2 years and 40,000 miles, I'm done with Irv Seaver, and maybe with BMW motorcycles because of Irv. Sure, the staff there is much improved from when I bought my bike in 2009, but the service dept still has the same "squeeze every dime out of the customer" mentality.

You see, it used to be you would pick up your bike, and an odd charge of $5-6 was tacked on for "spray cleaner" or "aerosol cleaner" because they had washed your bike. It was always an annoyance, but not usually something worth arguing about. Now, probably because someone complained, the charge is $4.50 and it's included on the service estimate. But, if you try to decline the bike wash, as I did because I had recently washed the bike and it hadn't been ridden since, Harley will tell you, "oh, we have to include that for all bikes." Have to?!? Bullsh!t.

And keep in mind that there's an additional $4.50 in cleaner charged for your rims if you get a tire change. So Irv Seaver still insists on annoying *this* customer, but now they're more open about.

Of course, that isn't my only complaint. My major concern is that I don't trust them when they tell me that my bike needs "this" or "that." You see, when I went in for service around 22,000 miles, I was told by Dustin that my battery was weak and it should be replaced. I declined, because I only had 22,000 miles. And, now, 17,000 miles later, I have that same battery.

Today was the first time I had started the bike in 3-4 weeks. It started right up. Irv Seaver called after I dropped the bike off to say the battery had failed their load test and that it should be replaced. I declined, again. When I picked my bike up, it started right up... and took me away from Irv for the last time ever.

Irv, after 4 1/2 years and roughly $19,500, you've lost my confidence over a supposed weak battery and about $45 in aerosol cleaner.

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Brent
    09-13-14
    Motorcycle
    '14 Street Triple
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    I hate the nickel and dime stuff, and the moral hazard of not knowing whether stuff really needs fixing. But at least the windshield washer fluid was free.
    Current: 2014 Triumph Street Triple R
    Retired: 2013 F800GT w/Safety and Comfort Packages, P3 brake lights, Photon Blasters, Vario levers and LED signals 

Real Name
    Mark H
    04-01-22
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800ST
    One reason I do all my own work
    R1200R-LC ​Exclusive in Thunder Grey with Touring Pack. Formerly Graphitane F800ST 04/2007. I rarely visit the forum these days ... 

5. Likes TelemarkTumalo liked this post
  6. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

notacop is offline The original Schwartz Wald Troll

10-07-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '04 DL-650A V-Strom
    Motorcycle
    '13 G650GS (Single)
    I noticed the same thing when I took my new G650GS in for the 600 mile check. Nice little Haley wanted to charge me 5 bucks to wash a new bike..she capitulated when I pointed out it was only a few days old.
    The service charge was $150 and I did the oil and filter.
    Besides I don't want the minimum wage new guy pressure washing my bike.
    I really like a lot of the folks there but will probably do my own service in the future. They do like to charge a premium. Some of which may be at the insistence of BMW HQ. BMW really seems to think that their legendary reputation is built on what they can felch out of your wallet...purchasing and maintaining their products.

8. Likes Tomfoolery76 liked this post
    Real Name
    AJ
    10-07-15
    Motorcycle
    '09 F650GS (Twin)
    Quote Originally Posted by theworm View Post
    But at least the windshield washer fluid was free.
    HAHAHA!! Way to find the silver lining!!

Real Name
    AJ
    10-07-15
    Motorcycle
    '09 F650GS (Twin)
    Ugh. And since leaving the dealership on Tuesday night, the bike is stalling almost every time I slow down to come to a stop (red lights, stop signs). It's stalled intermittently since I bought the bike 4 1/2 years ago... but, when it was under warranty, good ol' Irv told me that they couldn't duplicate the problem and that since it was only an occasional stall it wasn't an issue.

I suspect something is off with a fuel line, or maybe it's a vent issue. Time to do some research to figure out what Irv couldn't!!