Normal Wait Time for Service Appointments? - Huskytalk.com - Husqvarna Motorcycle Forum

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

02-21-16
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800R
    Motorcycle
    '93 GS500E
    I recently got a '15 F800R and have loved riding it thus far - 370 miles in a little over 2 weeks. When I bought it, I took the dealer up on their service deal which covers the 600 mile and 6000 mile services because it was a decent savings over list price for the service. The thing that's been bugging me since is the wait time - about a month and a half wait until the first available appointment for 600 mile service. I made the appointment on the day I got my bike but I'm finding myself wanting to ride more but also wanting to avoid not touching it for 2-3 weeks if I hit 600 miles. The service manager assures me that scheduling service 1.5 months out is normal for this time of year but that seems just a bit excessive to me.

Is it normal to need to schedule service 1.5 months in the future or is the dealer strange and I'm going to regret pre-paying them for service? I've always done my own wrenching on previous bikes and have no frame of reference.

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Mark
    10-21-19
    Motorcycle
    '16 R1200GS ADV
    Motorcycle
    '13 CRF250L
    I think you are onto them. Quite clever, your dealer. Try calling the dealership owner. If no success, ask for a refund of the service costs, and take your business elsewhere.

Real Name
    John
    06-13-16
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800 GT
    The wait time when I picked up my bike in April was 4 weeks out for an appointment. I'm sure it's no better now. In December you can get in on the same day! haha.

5. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Mark
    10-21-19
    Motorcycle
    '16 R1200GS ADV
    Motorcycle
    '13 CRF250L
    I can understand four weeks at this time of year. But, Goat prepaid for his 600 mile run-in check. Telling him 6 weeks wait for that is unreasonable. That should accommodate him or provide a refund.

02-21-16
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800R
    Motorcycle
    '93 GS500E
    When I got the service package, they made it quite clear that there would be no refunds for any reason so I'd be eating the ~$200 for that first prepaid service. I just didn't really put 2 and 2 together at the time and realize how long I'd have to wait for their "better deal" service plan. I called around to the other dealers that I'm willing to drive to and I couldn't get an appointment more than several days earlier sofigured that it wasn't worth asking for a refund over - it wasn't going to get my new bike serviced any faster and I'm still be stuck not riding because I'm too close to 600 miles.

My primary issue is pretty much what TelemarkTumalo said. I bought a brand new bike from them at list price minus BMW factory discounts (not to mention the mess that actually getting the thing was) and prepaid for my service - you'd think that they'd be able to accommodate me a little better than the service folks saying "this is normal, you make your appointment earlier next time or during Nov-Feb when we're not as busy". Apparently they expect folks to drive less than 600 miles in the first 1.5 months or make their service appointments before taking delivery of the bikes.

I chalk this up as "lesson learned" and time will tell whether the convenience of going to the same dealer for service (I live about a mile from the dealer) will win out over my annoyance. Not sure I'd buy another bike from them, though