Who waves or nods ? - Huskytalk.com - Husqvarna Motorcycle Forum

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Real Name
    Ken Wright
    10-11-22
    Quote Originally Posted by craftkzn1 View Post
    I'm half way to 88 but when I'm riding my st I fell dead sexy

Sent from my SM-J200F using Tapatalk
    My son is half way to 106....

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Ian
    07-18-18
    Quote Originally Posted by Mully View Post
    Interesting to hear your views. I generally agree with Guido`s comments.
    After riding bikes for most of their lives, two friends have had to give up bikes due to their advanced years. One is 83, he still likes to get out on his 400 Burgman. He still attends bike meets and we are pleased to see him. Charlie is 90 & he rides a Honda C50. He wishes he could still ride a `proper` bike & be acknowoedged by other bikers. I hope I am still riding if I reach their age. They may be on twist & goes, but they are still bikers at heart.
    I must admit that I do enjoy pissing HD riders off. A few days ago it was raining & windy so went out on my Tmax winter hack. I was waiting at some red lights when two HD`s pulled up on my off side. When the lights turned amber I left them for dead & stayed in front untill I eased off after a mile or two as the side wind was very strong. They came past very close, as they just had to get past a scooter.

Old guys still riding is an inspiration and that love of motorcycling is still with them. Amazing.

4. Likes BBoy2015, TadasM liked this post

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    35 years ago, I was half the age I am now.

As the saying goes, "Old Guy's Rule"
    Please note, the thoughts and opinions of Flook does not necessarily reflect the thoughts and opinions of other posts & site users therein

6. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Ken Wright
    10-11-22
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxon View Post
    Old guys still riding is an inspiration and that love of motorcycling is still with them. Amazing.
    Oh I hope I will still be riding ANYTHING at their age! (And that time isn't that far off.....)

Real Name
    Andrew
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Quote Originally Posted by Daboo View Post

On multi-lane city streets, I don't wave. Generally both of us are holding the clutch in...and I doubt it would go over well if I stopped, put the bike in neutral, waved and then moved on...all the while holding up traffic behind me.

Chris
    I'd love to see this unfold!
    Concrete remains undefeated. 

10-18-18
    Quote Originally Posted by Mully View Post
    When I am riding my FGT I get a nod or wave from most other bikers. I give a nod or wave to other riders regardless of what they are riding, including learners. However if it's an HD, I wait to see if they nod first, as they often ignore me if I nod first. When riding the T max, my nods are mostly ignored by everyone so I usually don't bother. Because acknowledging other bikers is a habit, I sometimes forget I am on the T max, nod and get blanked which is slightly embarrassing. I was used to this in the 60`s, but now ? Also is this just a UK thing ? What is your experience ? Ride safe Mully
    I am from Lithuania, here we usually wave to each other regardless bike type or make, or traffic situations, except scooters, they are being ignored

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Andrew
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Quote Originally Posted by TadasM View Post
    .....except scooters, they are being ignored

It's bad enough the cruiser riders stole the sport bike wave, then the three wheelers demanded respect. I draw the line at scooters. If you don't need a special license, I'm not waving!
    Concrete remains undefeated. 

04-25-22
    Motorcycle
    '94 CBR 900RR
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Quote Originally Posted by Runmyownlife View Post
    It's bad enough the cruiser riders stole the sport bike wave, then the three wheelers demanded respect. I draw the line at scooters. If you don't need a special license, I'm not waving!
    I always give scooters and 'peds a nod, the poor sods need all the encouragement they can get to ride around on those loathsome things, plus some of them are the bikers of tomorrow

Real Name
    David
    09-02-19
    Motorcycle
    '11 F 800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '57 Bantam D3
    I acknowledge every biker if safe to do so (as has been mentioned in the UK we tend to give a nod/inflection)

Doesn’t matter what they are riding - I popped into my local riding school the other day for tea and chats (they are good like that) and one of the Learners I had crossed paths with the day before was there practising for her mod 1 test. She thanked me in person, and said how it made her feel welcome and accepted as a biker even though she had plates on. The feedback made me feel good too - and makes the occasional second of effort all worthwhile.

Okay so some people are all stuck up with their ‘brands’ - that is their choice, but the only way we will fix their personality defects is by leading the way and show them how to be respectful to all others, not just their little cliques.

Taking the time to thank cars that move to give me extra road space while filtering is also something I do whenever possible. The way I see it, good manners cost nothing and let others feel appreciated - the reward for me is that by thanking them it reinforces the good behaviour and doing so makes the roads safer for us all in some small way
    Any idiot can squeeze a trigger.
    It takes a special kind of idiot to use a sword. 

13. Thanks Gunther thanked for this post
    Likes Daboo, Bikerbaker, nkaj liked this post

Real Name
    Gunther
    10-03-22
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nightingale View Post
    ...Taking the time to thank cars that move to give me extra road space...
    I've learnt this in France, lots of nice car drivers there
    Su cunnu! 

15. Likes Dave May liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    ...Taking the time to thank cars that move to give me extra road space while filtering is also something I do whenever possible. The way I see it, good manners cost nothing and let others feel appreciated - the reward for me is that by thanking them it reinforces the good behaviour and doing so makes the roads safer for us all in some small way
    I do much the same thing. Filtering isn't allowed here, but when someone opens up space for me to change lanes, I try to give them a friendly wave of my hand to thank them. A little bit of good manners can help offset the riders who act like the road is their personal race course.

Chris
    Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT
    IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder

John 14:6 

17. Likes nkaj liked this post

Real Name
    Ken Wright
    10-11-22
    Taking the time to thank cars that move to give me extra road space while filtering is also something I do whenever possible. The way I see it, good manners cost nothing and let others feel appreciated - the reward for me is that by thanking them it reinforces the good behaviour and doing so makes the roads safer for us all in some small way
    Me too! When driving a jam jar I have been startled by idiots on mikes roaring past and understand how we can all get the same label of tearaways. But a cheerful wave from a biker I've helped to pass more easily is a way of suggesting we aren't all the same and might even belong to the human race!

Real Name
    Chris
    10-09-22
    Motorcycle
    '04 XBR12 Firebolt
    Motorcycle
    '86 C90
    Motorcycle
    '90 C90
    Motorcycle
    '00 SVS 650
    Motorcycle
    '06 SVS 650
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800GT
    Okay so some people are all stuck up with their ‘brands’ - that is their choice, but the only way we will fix their personality defects is by leading the way and show them how to be respectful to all others, not just their little cliques.

Same here really and I suspect on the same roads too!

Got a wave from an unexpected source a couple of weeks ago. 3 of us went to Andrews Field, near Great Dunmow where, on a Thursday there is an unofficial gathering of grey haired old bikers on every type of 2 or 3 wheeled machines. Nice café at the end of a single track road about half a mile long. The place is a working airstrip so light aircraft come and go all the time.

We set off after letting a plane cross the road right at the other end of the strip, he taxyd on the grass to the right of us and waved to us as we closed! That's a first for me, wish I had the camera set up.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2289 (2).jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	286129[

20. Likes Richard230, nkaj, IanA liked this post

Real Name
    Norman
    01-21-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    He probably was a biker!

Real Name
    Malc
    06-10-18
    Motorcycle
    '17 F700GS
    Motorcycle
    '08 G650X Country
    Motorcycle
    '16 F800GSA
    Motorcycle
    '96 R80
    I always nod or wave, tend to always get a nod or wave back
    R80 Basic 1996, Xcountry 2008
    F800GSA 2016, F700GS 2017 

Real Name
    Daniel
    08-15-20
    Motorcycle
    '17 F700GS
    Always get a response?
    I find I get the least reciprocation from Harley riders, badges perhaps because it could interfere with their club's signals? (I'm paraphrasing not guessing), weekend dad shorts, t-shirt and boat shoes guys because they are in their own little world.
    ATGATT riders seems to reciprocate the most, with the highest of all appearing to be sports bike ATGATT crowd, which surprises me, it is the direct inversion of what I experienced in Germany, ATGATT + sport bike meant sub 1% responses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '17 F700GS in San Antonio, TX 

Real Name
    Ken Wright
    10-11-22
    I didn't get a reply the last time I nodded at a biker - perhaps because I was driving my car.......

25. Likes IanA liked this post
    Melbourne, Australia IanA is offline F800Riders.org Supporter

Real Name
    Ian
    10-10-22
    The old joke was, Harley riders never wave because if they take one hand off the 'bars, they fall over....
    oops, maybe in trouble now.

27. Likes morfic liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2