What's a good adv system? Dont want to spend a fortune - Huskytalk.com - Husqvarna Motorcycle Forum

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Real Name
    john
    6 Days Ago
    Hello guys,

I am currently looking to get a new adv system (jacket and pants) for my upcoming summer trip.
    I already had a look at the Dainese explorer and the Alpine Stars Valparaiso.
    I am not even bothered with Klim since it costs a fortune.

Anyway what i am really interested is a real four season system that will have me covered in hot, cold, rain etc.

I also found another brand called siima motowear. They are about to release a four season super adventure jacket with a 360 degree removable shell layer that transforms the jacket into net. It also has a hydration reservoir pocket, waterproof layer that goes on top and other things.

What do you guys think about it? Price wise is reasonable for what you get.
    Do you have any other suggestions similar to this one?

Cheers!
    Love motorcycle adventure! 

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Mark
    7 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '13 CRF250L
    Motorcycle
    '09 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '12 R1200GS
    If you haven't considered it yet, take a look at the gear from Rev'It. A good compromise between features, protection and durability. Revzilla has the older version of the Sand jacket and pants on sale. Not sure of the cost of shipping USA to Greece.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-sand-2-jacket

Real Name
    Chris
    4 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Depending on your size, the Olympia Motoquest jacket is on Closeout at Revzilla and is a bargain for what you get. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...toquest-jacket

I spent too much time yesterday debating on whether to buy it or not, and by the time I made up my mind, it was gone from both Revzilla and CycleGear in Large. The only updates on the new jacket, the X Moto 2, are some pocket details. Otherwise, it seems very much the same with just a higher price tag.

I ended up buying the Olympia Dakar Dual Sport Jacket from CycleGear. Here's the Revzilla link. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...l-sport-jacket It's an excellent 3-season mesh jacket for $199.

The Olympia X Moto 2 jacket is a good deal, even at full pricing. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...-moto-2-jacket.

What I like about both the Motoquest and X Moto 2 jackets are the ability to have a full textile jacket for much of the year, and then be able to unzip some very large panels on the front, back and arms, to leave you with a mesh jacket.

Chris

5. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

notacop is offline The original Schwartz Wald Troll

6 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '04 DL-650A V-Strom
    Motorcycle
    '13 G650GS (Single)
    I've gotten BMW stuff and Aerostitch used on the Forums. Have a look at the ADV site.
    I just googled "motorcycle clothing for men" Gobs of new stuff and the ubiquitous Ebay results.
    Happy shopping.

Real Name
    john
    6 Days Ago
    Thanks for all the help and reccomendations guys. Really helpful.
    The thing is, i am looking for a truly modular adv system. A jacket that can convert from a winter jacket to a net.
    I used to have single layer systems with vents and what have you but they don't seem to work and you travel in too hot climates.

Really the only one i found is these guys that are going to release this system: https://www.siimajackets.com/siima-sibirsky-video

They told me they are goign to have matching pants with it as well. According totheir video the jacket has 4 removable layers:

1.waterproof layer that goes on top
    2.360 degree removable shell layer that converts the jacket in to a net
    3 the core/net layer
    4 removable thermal linen

It seems to me that this jacket can really be transformed according to the season. It also has a hydration pack which is really good for cold or hot conditions (keeps the water in ideal temp).
    I am sceptical about my next system buy because last time i bought a system i was dissappointed at 40 celsius in the middle of nowhere. I was feeling hot and had to take it off.
    Love motorcycle adventure!