Crashed 2013 txc310 - Huskytalk.com - Husqvarna Motorcycle Forum

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Real Name
    Jr
    1 Week Ago
    Motorcycle
    '13 TXC450
    So my father crashed my bike this afternoon pinning the gas while getting off of it when it was in 1st its a 2013 txc 310r powered up, with a rekluse clutch the bike leaped into the air back tire even came off the ground! It was his first time riding the bike, and it happened after he rode it but right after I just explained how the clutch works. Fml now the bars,bar mount,handguard, foot peg and forks look tweaked/bent. Also the rear fender with plate mount snapped in half think extreme wheelie then hard slam into the pavement on the left side handguard and left side of the bike when the handlebars were turned all the way to the right can any one reccomend where to take this bike to get evaluated for safety and possibly fixed? Should I take it to a husky dealer or is there anyone that can recommend me to a specialized shop that knows all the specs and can check the bike over? Btw im in northeast pa but will drive or ship to the best place to get this bike back to mint condition. And I have video of it happening if anyone wants to see it.
    Last edited by Romjjr; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:39 PM.

2. LikesTims1572 liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Tim
    7 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '77 Mc400
    Motorcycle
    '10 Road Glide
    Motorcycle
    '09 G450X
    I couldn't tell you where to take it to get the frame geometry checked out.

However remove the handle bars and loosen up the fork legs in the triples and see if you can straighten out the front end. I haven't seen the footage of the wreck but its likely the front end can be straightened out when you mount a new set of bars.

The rear fender and taillight mount shouldn't be that hard to come by. Try "Halls Cycle" for the rear tail light mount itself and an aftermarket source should be able to supply a new fender if not the dealer directly.
    A few Old Maico's, - 09' BMW G450X that's Husky TC 449 Powered, WP Open Chamber forks, WP 5018 Trax shock. - Modified 2015 Husqvarna FE 501 - 2010 FLTRX Road Glide. - Chrysler Hemi & Wedge powered Drag Cars and Absolutely no Jap Bikes. Too many other vehicles to list. 

Real Name
    Jr
    1 Week Ago
    Motorcycle
    '13 TXC450
    Thanks Tim, I inspected everything for cracks and bends and then did just as you mentioned loosened her all up. I then racked the bars to the left a few times against the steering stop. Got the front end straightened out! Now I just need new bars, a footpeg and rear fender. I did zipty the fender together and took it for a ride, I can let go of the bars and stay straight, no wobbling or funny feelings. These bikes are def built tough couldnt imagine it taking the slam it did to only have to readjust and put on new bars a footpeg and a fender!

6. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Tim
    7 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '77 Mc400
    Motorcycle
    '10 Road Glide
    Motorcycle
    '09 G450X
    That's what they were built for. If a Dirt bike can't handle a 1st gear crash no matter how bad we are all in trouble.
    Finding new bars and pegs shouldn't be a problem. Just buy a set of aftermarket pegs which are an upgrade from what you now have if they are stock. You would be hard pressed to destroy a nice set of spiked billet Aluminum pegs, or a set of Stainless steel Fastway Evolution 3 pegs like I run. They are worth every penny.

Same with the bars, If you don't use a particular bend or model of favorite handlebars like many of us do. Its easy to order a set of new ones but you may want to try to match them up with a similar bend. If you have a favorite local bike shop or a Cycle Gear store anywhere nearby I would go there and actually pick the bars up and see how they feel in your hands. Take the bent bars with you and you may be able to match something up with the side that isn't damaged if that is the case by taking a few measurements after laying them down on a flat surface. Or if the are bent to badly to do that without rocking back and forth on a flat surface. Just lay them right on the store counter with the bent part hanging right off the end of their counter so you can get an idea of what to look for. The Store personal have done this a hundred times, they can help you get a set that is as close as you probably will want. Even though after just a few rides you will get used to the new ones.

Good luck with getting it straightened out.

Be easy on your Dad, just think what it cost him to raise a kid who rides dirt bikes. You are lucky to have a Dad that wants to try the things you like. Very lucky.

My Dad was the first to set me on a mini bike when I was 7 or 8 back in about 1967 and he held the throttle wide open and pulled the starter cord and let go as I flew into a 10 ft. deep ditch and got all skinned up. He still can't stand all of my dirt bikes, Hated it when I raced 500cc 2 stroke flat track and TT quads. Hated my 8 second Chrysler Hemi powered drag cars and doesn't like my current 4130 Chromoly tube chassis Pro street 1966 Plymouth Belvedere either and its street legal.
    A few Old Maico's, - 09' BMW G450X that's Husky TC 449 Powered, WP Open Chamber forks, WP 5018 Trax shock. - Modified 2015 Husqvarna FE 501 - 2010 FLTRX Road Glide. - Chrysler Hemi & Wedge powered Drag Cars and Absolutely no Jap Bikes. Too many other vehicles to list.