Top 10 Things That Go Wrong On Group Rides - Huskytalk.com - Husqvarna Motorcycle Forum

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

01-28-14

The best way to solve all these problems is to just ride by yourself, old numero uno. But no man is an island, and group rides are their own special kind of fun. At MO, we definitely do our fair share of group rides. Here’s what we’ve learned about the things most likely to go wrong, and what you can do to ward them off ahead of time.
    Read more about the Top 10 Things That Go Wrong On Group Rides at Motorcycle.com.

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

notacop is offline The original Schwartz Wald Troll

3 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '04 DL-650A V-Strom
    Motorcycle
    '13 G650GS (Single)
    The usual, Riding with the wrong people and not being prepared. If anyone can ruin a bike on a ride, usually a test ride and it isn't their bike, it's the moto journalists, like Mr Burns.

Real Name
    Frank
    17 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800 GT
    In fact, this story is only about bad communication before the ride and bad preparation. A misleading title of this post, as it does not cover the ride itself.

2013 F800GT Valencia Orange 

5. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Chris
    2 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankV View Post
    In fact, this story is only about bad communication before the ride and bad preparation. A misleading title of this post, as it does not cover the ride itself.
    But what it did do, is get each of us to click on the page 11 times. Follow the money...think advertising revenue.

After just finishing a long "group" ride, I would add a couple of my own.
    • The leader of the trip had a Honda Goldwing. He used the cruise control a lot. We'd be passing someone in the passing lane and he'd bump the cruise control up a little at a time. Just enough to get by the car he was passing, and often just at the end where the two lanes came together. More than once, I found myself squeezing between him and the car we were passing in an uncomfortable position. If I was smart, I would've just backed off and waited to pass the car...and made him realize that if you're going to pass anyone, even in a passing lane...get it done and over with. Don't drag the situation out and leave those behind you in a bad situation.

That said, he was a great ride leader, and if that's the only quirk out of riding with him for the better part of 12 days, that's pretty good. And it was my fault for not riding my own ride and getting sucked into his.
    • Plan your gas stops. Bing maps will show you the gas stations along your route. My Goldwing friend planned for where we were going. His range was far more than mine. I planned for where we would stop and carried extra gas.

Chris
    Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT
    IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder

John 14:6