Corona virus - Huskytalk.com - Husqvarna Motorcycle Forum

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Toto View Post
    ........ is their failure to publish quarterly all-cause death statistics over the past 12 to 24 months. These figures, if there really was a serious danger to life posed by all the alleged covid-19 cases, would dramatically highlight the problem during the months when covid is supposed to have killed so many people. As it is, the total deaths stats show NO rise above previous periods......
    The numbers are available in the UK. The effects of slow to lock down are plain to see.

Source

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52623141
    In the Garage 2013 BMW F800 GT,1994 BMW R80 RT,1986 BMW R80 GS,1999 Yamaha SR125
    Sorley missed Honda TLR200
    Enjoy the ride 

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    stephen hughson
    07-28-22
    https://www.theintercept.com

"The airlines industry blocked disclosure of trade data, helping conceal the airlift of N95 masks from the US to China".

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    Speaking of airlines, I have heard that some of them are packing their passengers into their planes again. No social distancing needed, apparently. My daughter told me about a friend's daughter who recently took a flight to Mexico City to hang out with her new boyfriend for a couple of weeks. She said that plane was packed to the brim and no one was wearing a mask during the flight. I didn't hear anything about the passengers being quarantined after arriving at the airport. Happy days are here again.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior. 

5. Likes oxytotl liked this post
  6. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard230 View Post
    Speaking of airlines, I have heard that some of them are packing their passengers into their planes again. No social distancing needed, apparently. My daughter told me about a friend's daughter who recently took a flight to Mexico City to hang out with her new boyfriend for a couple of weeks. She said that plane was packed to the brim and no one was wearing a mask during the flight. I didn't hear anything about the passengers being quarantined after arriving at the airport. Happy days are here again.
    What could go wrong with a plan like that,,!!

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    The news media is going all out to drive the general public crazy and paranoid. This morning my local radio station had on another "expert" who said that what we need to do is to lock everyone in their homes and force people to be tested for the COVID-19 virus before they can be let out. Just like the Chinese did in Wuhan. And then a state legislator was interviewed and he said that no one over the age of 65 should be allowed to leave their homes and that anything they need should be brought to them by the government (who is here to help. ) or a non-profit organization. Talk about trying to stir the pot and cause more rebellion against the government and health officer regulations, along with providing endless fodder for discussion on conservative talk shows.

Meanwhile, my town is closing the local beaches again this weekend because they expect to be overwhelmed by visitors traveling from all over, visiting Pacifica to enjoy the sun, sand and ocean water for the Fourth of July holiday. Good luck with that. Our small police force is not going to be able to control the crowds and kick them off the beach if they don't live locally, along with dealing with illegal fireworks being shot off all over town, which has plenty of areas of dry vegetation that is just waiting to catch fire.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior. 

notacop is offline The original Schwartz Wald Troll

10-07-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '04 DL-650A V-Strom
    Motorcycle
    '13 G650GS (Single)
    I wonder what the death toll will be with the international practice of stupidity in regards to the Pandemic.
    High enough to have a positive effect on the stain humanity puts on the earth?

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    Listen to Fla. Gov. DeSantis shoot his mouth off against the media for coronavirus coverage,
    "Now what Rick,,."

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...064734269.html

On Cuomo Prime Time Monday night, Chris Cuomo called out Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who railed against the media for its reporting on his handling of the coronavirus not long before Florida would become a national hotspot for new cases.

“You got a lot of people in your profession who waxed poetically for weeks and weeks about how Florida was gonna be just like New York,” DeSantis said, wagging his finger at the media standing in front of him. “Wait two weeks, Florida’s gonna be next. Just like Italy, wait two weeks,” said DeSantis impersonating the media, before adding, “Well, hell, we’re eight weeks away from that and it hasn’t happened.”

Cuomo mocked DeSantis’s gestures before asking, “What now?” Then, with his finger to his lips, gave a belittling “Shhhhhh.”

As coronavirus cases first began to surge across the country, DeSantis regularly looked to the White House for guidance, something Cuomo alluded to in blaming DeSantis for the current situation in Florida.

“Florida health officials reported nearly 10,000 new coronavirus cases on Saturday. Its highest single day since the start of the pandemic,” Cuomo said. “He made Trump happy, Gov. DeSantis did, and now more Floridians than they can count accurately appear to be sick.”

Florida is one of a handful of states, including Texas, that were among the first to reopen that are now closing things down again. Cuomo pointed out that even Vice President Mike Pence is slowly beginning to take a new approach to the coronavirus. Pence recently postponed campaign events in Florida and Arizona due to the extreme increase in coronavirus cases in both states.

“Even Pence, who you saw silently by DeSantis’s side as he spewed nonsense, seems to be his strongest asset as an ally, even he is now saying you should wear a mask,” Cuomo said. “That’s good since he’s the head of the coronavirus task force. It’s bad that he is only saying so now.”

Real Name
    terry
    09-30-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800 GT
    For you lot of American conspiracy theorists and covid deniers out there, why don't you go out, breath on each other and compare notes in two weeks time. I bet some will be sick, few will be extremely sick, and a couple may die. Do you want to take that chance? Wearing a face mask or getting ill? The choice is yours - but don't come knocking on my door for help if you get it I'll only tell you to go forth and multiply.
    "I was cut out to be a genius. Unfortunately somebody forgot to put the pieces together"
    Tubby Clayton - Toc H founder 

12. Likes 308bever liked this post

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    Quote Originally Posted by oxytotl View Post
    For you lot of American conspiracy theorists and covid deniers out there, why don't you go out, breath on each other and compare notes in two weeks time. I bet some will be sick, few will be extremely sick, and a couple may die. Do you want to take that chance? Wearing a face mask or getting ill? The choice is yours - but don't come knocking on my door for help if you get it I'll only tell you to go forth and multiply.
    Unfortunately, something like that has happened a couple of times in the SF Bay Area. In one case a woman in a store was asked by another customer to keep her distance from the other woman and her small child. Then the woman took off her mask and coughed into the face of the child. It was all captured on film and the cops have tracked her down and are trying to decide what to charge her with.

Another case happened at a bar. A woman walked it and was asked to leave because she wasn't wearing a mask. She then coughed onto the bartender face and walked out the door, toppling over a chair on the way out. That also made the nightly news. The police are asking anyone who recognized her to contact them, however the bartender doesn't want her prosecuted.

14. Likes oxytotl liked this post

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    Oh look who made the Travel list to Europe, seems more then a few of the so called sh-t hole countries made the grade,,. What's up with that,,!!
    Oh right, they mastered the art of wearing face masks & social distancing in those backward unsophisticated countries,,.

The European Union announced Tuesday that it will reopen its borders to travelers from 14 countries, Americans have been refused entry due to soaring coronavirus infections in the U.S.

Travelers from other big countries with high infection rates, like Russia, Brazil and India, will also miss out.

Citizens from the following countries will be allowed into the EU's 27 member states and four other nations in Europe's visa-free Schengen travel zone: Algeria, Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, Rwanda, Serbia, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia and Uruguay.

The EU said China is "subject to confirmation of reciprocity," meaning it must lift all restrictions on European citizens entering China before Chinese citizens will be allowed back into the EU.

Real Name
    terry
    09-30-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800 GT
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image8 (1).JPG 
Views:	155 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	366127 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image2 (3).JPG 
Views:	162 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	366129 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image5.JPG 
Views:	149 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	366131

Name:	image4.JPG 
Views:	157 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	366133
    "I was cut out to be a genius. Unfortunately somebody forgot to put the pieces together"

17. Likes Richard230, scf, steve n rose, IanA liked this post

Real Name
    Steve
    10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '10 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800ST
    Wow, California had more new cases in one day than what Aus has had for the whole pandemic so far. Whatever you guys are doing is really working to kurb the numbers. Not!!!!!
    As of Mon, 1st Feb 2016- ;
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery,
    Today is a gift (that's why it's called "the present")
    #1 tip I ride by: Ride as though you're invisible, not invincible
    Bikes so far: Honda CB250-Traded, Suzuki GS500F-Traded, '07 F800ST Matt Graphitan-Deceased, '10 F800ST Night Blue-sold, at present bikeless 

19. Likes oxytotl liked this post

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    USA National Pandemic Plan “just sort of disappear”

Despite a recent surge in novel coronavirus cases, United States President Donald Trump said he still believes the virus will “just sort of disappear” at some point.

“I think we’re going to be very good with the coronavirus. I think at some point that’s going to sort of just disappear, I hope,” he said during an interview on Fox Business on Wednesday.

When asked if he still believed that, Trump replied: “I do. Sure. At some point, and I think we’re going to have a vaccine very soon too.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/7129365/t...ust-disappear/

Real Name
    Steve
    10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '10 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800ST
    Hey, what was that going overhead? A flying pig!
    Bikes so far: Honda CB250-Traded, Suzuki GS500F-Traded, '07 F800ST Matt Graphitan-Deceased, '10 F800ST Night Blue-sold, at present bikeless 

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    Quote Originally Posted by steve n rose View Post
    Wow, California had more new cases in one day than what Aus has had for the whole pandemic so far. Whatever you guys are doing is really working to kurb the numbers. Not!!!!!
    I don't think tens of thousands of young people not wearing masks marching and protesting about BLM and other issues last month is helping to contain the virus here very much. Plus, it was party time in many places on Memorial Day and likely will be the same thing come July 4, this Saturday. The Governor and local jurisdictions are trying to keep people at home and away from large crowds, beaches and indoor events this weekend, but I doubt very many people are going to pay much attention to those requests and orders. The cops are just not able to keep masses of people from violating the rules. This is after all the land of the free and we all know it. The beaches along the coast here will be shut down between Friday morning and Monday morning. I plan to ride along Highway 1 this weekend to see how many people really follow those rules. I bet there are going to be a lot of "no parking" signs and yellow caution tape piled into dumpsters and thrown over cliffs along the coast beaches. Personally, I am expecting another big batch of virus infection cases near the end of July.

23. Likes oxytotl liked this post
    notacop is offline The original Schwartz Wald Troll

10-07-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '04 DL-650A V-Strom
    Motorcycle
    '13 G650GS (Single)
    America is full of idiots. we deserve all that we reap.

25. Likes oxytotl liked this post

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    Trump claims 99% of US Covid-19 cases are 'totally harmless' as infections surge
    President’s White House speech capping 4 July celebrations says US coronavirus strategy is ‘moving along well’

Donald Trump has celebrated independence day with a string of false and misleading claims attempting to play down the coronavirus pandemic and warning that China will be “held accountable”.

The US president staged a “Salute to America” jamboree on the south lawn of the White House with flyovers by military jets, parachute jumps and patriotic songs, but little effort among guests to physical distance or wear face masks.

The country has undergone staggering changes unthinkable when Trump hosted the first such event a year ago on 4 July with tanks and other military hardware at the Lincoln Memorial. The coronavirus has infected 2.8m Americans and killed nearly 130,000, the worst tallies in the world. Do the math US death rate is 4.6% & hospitalizations are at 20%, permanent lung damage & scaring,,?,,.

Trump claims 'victory' as US sees Covid-19 case records in multiple states

Saturday’s national celebration was inevitably more subdued, but the president refused to let the pandemic or dismal poll figures rain on his parade, waving with his wife, Melania, from a White House balcony then walking the south lawn to ripples of applause and a cry of: “Four more years!”

“We got hit by the virus that came from China,” the president said, prompting a strange whoop and applause from someone in the audience. “We’ve made a lot of progress. Our strategy is moving along well. It goes out in one area, it rears back its ugly face in another area. But we’ve learned a lot. We’ve learned how to put out the flame.”

The number of infections now regularly tops 50,000 per day, higher than in April when the US was in the first grip of infections. Dr Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious diseases expert, warned this week: “I think it’s pretty obvious that we are not going in the right direction.”

Trump returned to his now familiar and baseless complaint that America has a high caseload because it performs more tests. “Now we have tested almost 40m people. By so doing, we show cases, 99% of which are totally harmless. Results that no other country can show because no other country has the testing that we have, not in terms of the numbers or in terms of quality.” It was unclear how the president arrived at the “99%” harmless figure.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...fections-surge
    Last edited by Lag; 07-05-20 at 12:26 PM.

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    I wonder if Trump is a "super spreader"? It seem like everyone around him is becoming infected, while he apparently remains virus free.

Real Name
    terry
    09-30-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800 GT

Name:	aaz888.JPG 
Views:	137 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	366189

29. Likes steve n rose, IanA liked this post

Real Name
    terry
    09-30-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800 GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Lag View Post
    Trump claims 99% of US Covid-19 cases are 'totally harmless' as infections surge
    President’s White House speech capping 4 July celebrations says US coronavirus strategy is ‘moving along well’

Donald Trump has celebrated independence day with a string of false and misleading claims attempting to play down the coronavirus pandemic and warning that China will be “held accountable”.

The US president staged a “Salute to America” jamboree on the south lawn of the White House with flyovers by military jets, parachute jumps and patriotic songs, but little effort among guests to physical distance or wear face masks.

The country has undergone staggering changes unthinkable when Trump hosted the first such event a year ago on 4 July with tanks and other military hardware at the Lincoln Memorial. The coronavirus has infected 2.8m Americans and killed nearly 130,000, the worst tallies in the world. Do the math US death rate is 4.6% & hospitalizations are at 20%, permanent lung damage & scaring,,?,,.

Trump claims 'victory' as US sees Covid-19 case records in multiple states

Saturday’s national celebration was inevitably more subdued, but the president refused to let the pandemic or dismal poll figures rain on his parade, waving with his wife, Melania, from a White House balcony then walking the south lawn to ripples of applause and a cry of: “Four more years!”

“We got hit by the virus that came from China,” the president said, prompting a strange whoop and applause from someone in the audience. “We’ve made a lot of progress. Our strategy is moving along well. It goes out in one area, it rears back its ugly face in another area. But we’ve learned a lot. We’ve learned how to put out the flame.”

The number of infections now regularly tops 50,000 per day, higher than in April when the US was in the first grip of infections. Dr Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious diseases expert, warned this week: “I think it’s pretty obvious that we are not going in the right direction.”

Trump returned to his now familiar and baseless complaint that America has a high caseload because it performs more tests. “Now we have tested almost 40m people. By so doing, we show cases, 99% of which are totally harmless. Results that no other country can show because no other country has the testing that we have, not in terms of the numbers or in terms of quality.” It was unclear how the president arrived at the “99%” harmless figure.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...fections-surge
    #

If anyone thinks Corona virus is harmless, well go out and meet and greet sufferers, I dare you!! I don't think America still gets it! - HOAX? You're living in dreamland!!
    I'll see you on the other side!

Nah that won't work! I don't believe in that re-incarnation crap - when you're dead - you're dead mate!!

31. Likes Lag, WildWilly, woody59 liked this post

Real Name
    Bill
    01-01-21
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    This is a few days old but still relevant
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	113.6 KB 
ID:	366219  
    2013 F800GT Graphite Metallic-Gone to a new home
    Not a 2nd childhood, still in the 1st 

33. Likes Lag, oxytotl, Richard230, woody59 liked this post

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    Not to worry, on good word, 99% of those cases are harmless!!

Quote Originally Posted by WildWilly View Post
    This is a few days old but still relevant

35. Likes WildWilly, oxytotl liked this post

03-10-21
    I don't mind other members disagreeing with my covid-19 comment (#893 above) re the exaggeration of the danger posed by the virus, its case numbers and death rates. I realise this is a controversial subject and most of us have been greatly affected, if not by getting sick from it then by the social upheaval we've seen since March.

I've been watching news reports every night for the past 6 months and as someone who's made a living out of assessing the veracity of reported data I find the TV channels' news programs less than convincing. There are plenty of alternative information sources that seem a lot more reliable and that are contradicting what the mainstream media are feeding us every day. The fact that the latter embellish their covid reports with pictures of ominously circulating giant microbes and dramatic background music only adds, in my opinion as a qualified research analyst and health therapist (albeit retired), to the impression that we are being treated like children (sorry kids) and lied to.

I just this afternoon received and watched an address by US Senator Dr Scott Jensen talking about the instructions being given to MDs to report as covid-19 cases deaths which are clearly not caused by covid-19. And of his own assessment of this pandemic as being no more dangerous than the seasonal flu's that have caused sickness and deaths every year for the past several decades.

If anyone's interested in watching this 13 minute speech to see if they think, as I do, that Dr Jensen is speaking truthfully and sincerely, here's the link:
    https://www.facebook.com/SenatorJens...65249484771683

Thanks to everyone who's expressed an opinion about what I wrote - either for or against. Like I said, I don’t mind if you think I’m wrong, even if you call me a flat-earther or tinfoil hatter

Real Name
    Peter
    09-04-20
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800 GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Toto View Post
    ... I don’t mind if you think I’m wrong, even if you call me a flat-earther or tinfoil hatter
    Thank goodness for that.

Real Name
    Steve
    10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '10 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800ST
    171 new cases in Victoria today, so the greater Melbourne area is into lock-down as of mid-night tomorrow. Also, all Victorian borders are closed as of mn tonight. Mostly community transmission now.
    BTW, I got a negative result on my test today, so it's safe for me to play on here.

39. Likes IanA liked this post

Real Name
    Bill
    01-01-21
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    Meanwhile in the US of A

Views:	75 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	366301  

Real Name
    Bill
    01-01-21
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    I don't get my Covid-19 advice from politicians (right or left) for the same reason I don't go to Roto-Rooter for a colonoscopy . . . . I want someone who is trained in the fiield, not someone seeking re-election.

42. Likes Richard230, OX-34, oxytotl liked this post

Real Name
    stephen hughson
    07-28-22
    Al Jazeera is reporting that Brazil's Bolsonaro has Covid 19.

44. Likes Lag liked this post

Real Name
    terry
    09-30-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800 GT
    171 new cases in Victoria today, so the greater Melbourne area is into lock-down as of mid-night tomorrow. Also, all Victorian borders are closed as of mn tonight. Mostly community transmission now.
    BTW, I got a negative result on my test today, so it's safe for me to play on here.
    Phew!! I was beginning to worry

46. Likes steve n rose, IanA liked this post

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    Al Jazeera is reporting that Brazil's Bolsonaro has Covid 19.
    Poetic Justice,,!!
    Brazil President Jair Bolsonaro, who has repeatedly downplayed risks of COVID-19, tests positive for the virus
    By MARCELO DE SOUSA AND DAVID BILLER

ASSOCIATED PRESS |
    JUL 07, 2020 AT 11:41 AM

Brazil’s President Jair Bolsonaro said Tuesday he has tested positive for COVID-19 after months of downplaying the virus’ severity.

Bolsonaro confirmed the test results while wearing a mask and speaking to reporters in capital Brasilia, and said he is already taking hydroxychloroquine — an anti-malarial unproven to effectively treat COVID-19.

“I’m well, normal. I even want to take a walk around here, but I can’t due to medical recommendations,” Bolsonaro said. “I thought I had it before, given my very dynamic activity. I’m president and on the combat lines. I like to be in the middle of the people.”

The 65-year-old populist has often appeared in public to shake hands with supporters and mingle with crowds, at times without a mask. He has said that his history as an athlete would protect him from the virus, and that it would be nothing more than a “little flu” were he to contract it.

The president underwent an X-ray of his lungs on Monday after experiencing fever, muscle aches and malaise, he told reporters. As of Tuesday, his fever had subsided, he said, and attributed the improvement to hydroxychloroquine, which he has long promoted despite growing medical consensus it does not work against COVID-19. He stepped back from the journalists and removed his mask at one point to show that he looks well.

Over the weekend, the Brazilian leader celebrated the U.S. Independence Day with the nation’s ambassador to Brazil, then shared pictures on social media showing him in close quarters with the ambassador, several ministers and aides. None wore masks.

The U.S. Embassy said on Twitter on Monday that Ambassador Todd Chapman is not showing any COVID-19 symptoms but would be tested.

Bolsonaro tested negative three times in March after meeting with the U.S. President Donald Trump in Florida. Multiple members of his delegation to the U.S. were later reported to be infected with the virus.

More than 65,000 Brazilians have so far died from COVID-19 and more than 1,500,000 have been infected. Both numbers are the world's second-highest totals, and are considered to be undercounts to the lack of widespread testing.

Bolsonaro has repeatedly visited the hospital since taking office, requiring several operations to repair his intestines after he was stabbed on the campaign trail in 2018.

https://www.courant.com/coronavirus/...lmq-story.html

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    I guess that wasn't any big surprise to his doctors. I wonder when Trump will have the same experience?

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard230 View Post
    I guess that wasn't any big surprise to his doctors. I wonder when Trump will have the same experience?
    Trump wont get it, he is in a biological bubble,,. Everyone that gets near him is double tested and contact screened inside and out, they have the best of testing and he has half the Pandemic team looking out for him,,. Thats what Jarrad meant when he said the National stock pile was "their stock pile",,, nothing but the best!!

To hell with the rest thou,,.

Trump administration makes good on vow to leave the WHO

JULY 7, 20201:23 PM
    WASHINGTON — The Trump administration has formally notified the United Nations of its withdrawal from the World Health Organization, although the pullout won’t take effect until next year, meaning it could be rescinded under a new administration or if circumstances change.

Real Name
    Bill
    01-01-21
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    The trump administration moves to formally withdraw from the World Health Organization. It makes sense as we're doing so well on our own.

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    The trump administration moves to formally withdraw from the World Health Organization. It makes sense as we're doing so well on our own.
    Well,,, Trump's claims that US coronavirus death rate is the lowest worldwide

Facts First: While US coronavirus mortality rates have declined recently, they are not the lowest in the world. Data on coronavirus death rates remain imprecise, due in part to limited testing availability and the prevalence of mild or asymptomatic cases that often go unrecorded. Still, among the 20 countries most affected by the virus, at least 14 have lower death rates than the US.

Dr. Peter Hotez, professor of pediatrics and molecular virology and microbiology at Baylor College of Medicine, told CNN that according to the latest data from Johns Hopkins, the President's statements were not accurate. Out of the at least 2.8 million cases of coronavirus in the US, as of Monday morning Johns Hopkins estimated a fatality rate of 4.5%, the sixth highest worldwide. Wait a minute Trump's claims that 99% of coronavirus cases are "totally harmless" but John Hopkins reports a fatality rate of 4.5%?

The US death toll from coronavirus is more than twice as high as that of the country with the second-highest death toll, Brazil, based on data from Johns Hopkins. Out of the 20 most affected countries, the US also has the second highest number of coronavirus deaths per 100,000 people, behind the United Kingdom.

https://www.cnn.ph/world/2020/7/7/Tr...worldwide.html

52. Likes scf, WildWilly, woody59 liked this post
    Melbourne, Australia IanA is offline F800Riders.org Supporter

Real Name
    Ian
    10-10-22
    Here we go again! Panic buying has emptied supermarkets in 24 hours, roadblocks and plate recognition cameras on the metro boundaries, armed forces deployed at state borders, it's gonna be a fun 6 weeks locked up with 5 million demented souls.....
    But we are allowed to go fishing, this time.

54. Likes Richard230, steve n rose liked this post

Real Name
    Steve
    10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '10 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800ST
    Just not outside the boundaries.

Real Name
    Bill
    01-01-21
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT

Views:	92 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	366353  

57. Likes Richard230, oxytotl liked this post

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    I heard about the Victoria lock down on the BBC World News last night, which included a video of people waiting in line at Costco with their shopping trolleys to clean out the shelves of TP, Clorox, sanitizer wipes, chips and beer, as the clock counted down to midnight when all the doors in the city would be locked. Interestingly I hadn't heard a thing about this on the U.S. TV, radio or newspaper media. It was amazing to see all of the police being mobilized to enforce the lock down. Nothing like that would happen here. People here would just tell the police to F-off and go about their business - and then demand that the police be "de-funded".

59. Likes IanA liked this post

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    You guys have seen pretty good results over there,,. Its been proven, act fast and decisive, have a national plan,,. Ya in the States they have a right to contract C19, I doubt even a vaccine would work on that population,,.
    So what is the extent of the lock down in Victoria,,. You can still go shopping and ride your bikes, drink and eat chips?

Real Name
    terry
    09-30-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800 GT
    I understand, again from BBC news, that you would still be allowed to go to the hairdresser in Victoria as it's deemed essential!

62. Likes steve n rose liked this post

Real Name
    Bill
    01-01-21
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT

Real Name
    Bill
    01-01-21
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    Three . . Million

Real Name
    Bill
    01-01-21
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    We're number one. . . . let's get that U.S.A. chant started

Views:	68 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	366369  

09-20-21
    We're number one. . . . let's get that U.S.A. chant started
    Now do death rates.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    Quote Originally Posted by 2A101 View Post
    Now do death rates.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
    Oh its coming, if 132,000 isn't enough try 500,000 a year from now, unfortunately nothing in place but confusion to stop it!!

Melbourne, Australia IanA is offline F800Riders.org Supporter

Real Name
    Ian
    10-10-22
    Lyle, Terry, Richard. A few details on our lockdown situation. We are under what is designated "Stage 3 restrictions" requiring us to stay in our homes for the next six weeks, no visitors, no gatherings, no pubs, restaurants, bars, music venues and only allowed to leave for purposes of work, medical treatment, exercise, food and essentials shopping etc. Even more severe than the lockdown early in the year. All states went through that with generally good effect, resulting in restrictions being lightened everywhere except Victoria where we had a so-called second wave, popularly attributed to bad security management of the hotel isolation of incoming overseas travellers. The lockdown area is a radius of about 100Km around central Melbourne, 5 million people! Our numbers of new cases in the state rose to around 140 per day - not many compared with other parts of the world I know, but sufficient to piss off the other states who have banned us from entry and closed the borders; first time in over 100 years. Our only chance of regaining control of the situation is compliance with these regulations , NOW, and to stop being complacent. We still have our share of Fwits amongst us, unfortunately.
    Stay safe, everybody. (Welcome back, Bill)

Real Name
    Steve
    10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '10 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800ST
    That's those damned suburbanites for ya.
    At least we don't have the same restrictions here in the country. ... Yet!

70. Likes IanA liked this post

Real Name
    Peter
    09-04-20
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800 GT
    Quote Originally Posted by 2A101 View Post
    Now do death rates.
    Maybe you could do it instead and share your findings with the class?

Either that or ask the question more fully so that anyone with the smarts to type it into google can find what you are purporting to look for:
    - deaths per country
    - deaths per state. Of the USA presumably, seeing that USA-centric questions abound, land of the free and home of 2A.
    - deaths per head of population (state, country or otherwise). Derivations for per thousand (standard in epidemiology), per million etc
    - deaths per case (or thousand or million, whatever) by country, state or MAGA leaning to or fro. Tell Toto if you find out what a 'case' is.

So just what is it that you want to know but can't find with google?

72. Likes Lag liked this post

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    Sad,,!! ,,,, WH chief of staff & WH Press Secretary spend a day defending Trumps claim,,!!

WH chief of staff defends Trump’s claim that 99 per cent of COVID-19 cases are ‘harmless’
    U.S. President Donald Trump’s chief of staff Mark Meadows defended the president’s claim this past weekend that 99 per cent of COVID-19 cases were “totally harmless,” saying he doesn’t believe Trump’s intent was to downplay the threat of the coronavirus and that he wants to look at risk in an “appropriate way based on facts and figures.”
    https://globalnews.ca/video/7143395/...-are-harmless/

Quote Originally Posted by Lag View Post
    Well,,, Trump's claims that US coronavirus death rate is the lowest worldwide

Facts First: While US coronavirus mortality rates have declined recently, they are not the lowest in the world. Data on coronavirus death rates remain imprecise, due in part to limited testing availability and the prevalence of mild or asymptomatic cases that often go unrecorded. Still, among the 20 countries most affected by the virus, at least 14 have lower death rates than the US.

Dr. Peter Hotez, professor of pediatrics and molecular virology and microbiology at Baylor College of Medicine, told CNN that according to the latest data from Johns Hopkins, the President's statements were not accurate. Out of the at least 2.8 million cases of coronavirus in the US, as of Monday morning Johns Hopkins estimated a fatality rate of 4.5%, the sixth highest worldwide. Wait a minute Trump's claims that 99% of coronavirus cases are "totally harmless" but John Hopkins reports a fatality rate of 4.5%?

The US death toll from coronavirus is more than twice as high as that of the country with the second-highest death toll, Brazil, based on data from Johns Hopkins. Out of the 20 most affected countries, the US also has the second highest number of coronavirus deaths per 100,000 people, behind the United Kingdom.

https://www.cnn.ph/world/2020/7/7/Tr...worldwide.html

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    Quote Originally Posted by IanA View Post
    Lyle, Terry, Richard. A few details on our lockdown situation. We are under what is designated "Stage 3 restrictions" requiring us to stay in our homes for the next six weeks, no visitors, no gatherings, no pubs, restaurants, bars, music venues and only allowed to leave for purposes of work, medical treatment, exercise, food and essentials shopping etc. Even more severe than the lockdown early in the year. All states went through that with generally good effect, resulting in restrictions being lightened everywhere except Victoria where we had a so-called second wave, popularly attributed to bad security management of the hotel isolation of incoming overseas travellers. The lockdown area is a radius of about 100Km around central Melbourne, 5 million people! Our numbers of new cases in the state rose to around 140 per day - not many compared with other parts of the world I know, but sufficient to piss off the other states who have banned us from entry and closed the borders; first time in over 100 years. Our only chance of regaining control of the situation is compliance with these regulations , NOW, and to stop being complacent. We still have our share of Fwits amongst us, unfortunately.
    Stay safe, everybody. (Welcome back, Bill)

It is amazing that Melbourne can enforce those rules without their residents revolting. As would be the case in the U.S. While something like that was tried here at the beginning of the pandemic, after a couple of weeks it started getting old and people lost interest in staying home and then just slowly started to go back to what they always did, while trying to stay under the radar. But then the weather improved, summer arrive and the mobs came out and discovered that if there were enough people in a mob, either on the beaches or in the streets, the cops wouldn't bother them. Now, even the politicians are saying it is OK to assemble in mobs, most of whom are not wearing masks because it interferes with their yelling, singing and chanting, as long as they are "protesting" something of political value.

Anyway, I give the residents of Melbourne and Victoria credit for taking the pandemic seriously enough to shelter in place once more without rioting.

75. Likes IanA, OX-34 liked this post
Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast