What Are You Planning? - Huskytalk.com - Husqvarna Motorcycle Forum

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Got any "adventures" planned? Even if they are only for a couple hours in the afternoon?

A lot of us have been locked down and haven't been able to get out much. The weather though is getting better, and the restrictions are going away.

So what's been on your mind that you're looking forward to go to?

Chris
    Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT
    IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder

John 14:6 

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    I'll start things off. I have a friend in Eastern Washington who owns a place out in the middle of nowhere. Nowhere in this case, is in the middle of a very sparsely populated area, with lots of trees and hills. Plenty of curves to the road. And virtually no one on them. So we'll get some riding in, then sit around a bonfire at his place in the evening and tell tales of what we'd like the others to think we did...and the tales will get better as the evening goes on.

So I'll leave next Friday for that and come home on Sunday.

Chris

notacop is offline The original Schwartz Wald Troll

10-07-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '04 DL-650A V-Strom
    Motorcycle
    '13 G650GS (Single)
    I've gotten some lunch run rides in since we aren't locked down so completely. Not as satisfying as a proper trek but gets the wheels rolling.
    I passed on a chance to ride yesterday because it was wet.

5. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    JR
    05-18-22
    Motorcycle
    '19 F750GS
    Motorcycle
    '14 R1200GS
    Motorcycle
    '09 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '07 F650GS (Single)
    Heading out tomorrow for a leisurely four day ride around the state of Wisconsin with a friend. Spring is in full glory, the crops are greening, flowers blooming and the weather is to be sunny 60's and 70's. Sounds perfect.

So I guess I can't really call it an adventure since that's hardship enjoyed later from an easychair.

7. Likes Daboo liked this post

04-25-22
    Motorcycle
    '12 F800ST
    I have discovered something about myself that I guess I was unaware of. I have toured on two wheels for years, been all over the US several times. Never once did I give overnight quarters a second thought. I am not a camper, but I have always just stopped at whatever type establishment (hotel, motel, mom & pop, big chain, tiny rustic cabin, did not matter) looked inviting. But now … I find myself obsessing over where I will stay overnight on a motorcycle trip. Will it be safe? Will it be clean enough? Will I pick up some contagion and bring it home? Guess I am not as ready as I thought for my next outing.

This is a long way of saying I am not planning anything at the time. And I am sad about that. <sigh>
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    Well, there is always camping. Nothing like being isolated in your own tent. The strange thing is that most state parks in California are now open, but their campgrounds are still closed due to virus regulations. I never did figure out that one. And bathrooms are now open at most parks, but water for drinking remains turned off. I guess when they say that the bathrooms are open they are talking about pit toilets.

I visited a local county park last week and their entire water system that supplied drinking water to the picnic area has been removed. That seemed kind of permanent. Now if you want to drink water or wash the virus off of your hands you have to use bottled water, I guess.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior. 

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    We have a medical doctor in my Thursday evening Life Group. He spent two years getting an epidemiologist degree. He doesn't wear a mask unless going someplace like Costco where they require it. He says to just follow the normal practices of washing your hands often and don't touch your face.

I'm more concerned on a trip with the restrictions others will place on me that will make things difficult like Richard pointed out, than catching the virus. I've been going into a prison environment for 18 years and rarely come down with anything. And when I do, I can think back to when I was touching my face because it is so unusual.

With all that said, after this weekend, I'm planning on riding over to Spearfish, SD. I'm planning to ride over Lolo Pass, and come down to Yellowstone National Park from the northwest corner. Then ride across Yellowstone, and then up and over Beartooth Pass. Once in Spearfish, I'll join up in a small rally. I want to see the Badlands too.

So that's some more plans I have on my radar.

Oh...and Monday, I'm changing my tires to get ready.

Chris

Real Name
    Gunther
    10-03-22
    Thanks to superstition I couldn't write here what I'm planning, but...
    After covid and some interesting books (s.f., archaeology, history) I thought to go on search of my roots , so this year maybe a week trip in central Italy to visit etruscan settlements and necropolis.
    It seems that during iron age, there have been connections between etruscan territories and Sardinia, I've already visited Sardinia more than once, so this is time to visit the mainland, from the shore line, to the hills and lakes in Tuscany, Lazio and Umbria, including Marmore falls (created by romans diverting a river) and Civita di Bagnoregio.
    By the way, how do you choose the places you visit, or you ride to?
    Su cunnu! 

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Leaving tomorrow for the Badlands in South Dakota. The way out has me going through Lolo Pass (100+ miles of twisty road). I'll pass through Yellowstone on the way. I'd like to see the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. I missed that the last time. Then I'm heading to Beartooth Pass and Red Lodge. Then over to the area around the Badlands. With luck, the weather will stay good.

Chris

13. Likes Richard230, Cheesy rider liked this post

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    Have safe and enjoyable trip, Chris.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior. 

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Thanks. Weather looks dicey at the higher elevations. I may bring my electric gear, just in case.

A couple days ago, I thought about not going. But then I thought about what I'd miss. I'd miss the challenge of heading out cross-country by myself. I'd miss the opportunity to see some marvelous sights along the way. And frankly, I think it is too easy to slip into a routine of waiting at home to die.

Back when I was in the USAF, we used to talk about what a rough life it was, because so many people retired and died within 3-5 years. Then when I worked at Boeing, we used to say the same thing, because people would retire and then die a few years later. Except now we were talking about people who were 20 years older...but having the same outcome. I think the reason was that they went home, and then did nothing except wait to die...and so they did.

We get few challenges in life nowadays. Taking a trip like this in a car is a no-brainer. Just buy gas. Bring a jacket for the cool times when you get out of the car, and when it is cool, turn up the heat. And when it gets hot...well, there's always the air conditioning. But you have to plan ahead on a motorcycle. I'll possibly head over a pass that is up around 11-12,000 feet. I'm starting out at sea level. The environment, is going to change dramatically. Am I up to it? I know the bike is.

And so now to check the weather one more time, and then pack. The lawn is mowed. The widows in the church have been called and their orders turned in for the free meal one of the local restaurants is giving them. The finals and papers for the prison seminary class are graded. And I have an understanding wife who lets me do all this. Life is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    ...By the way, how do you choose the places you visit, or you ride to?
    I choose the places I'm going to visit mostly by thinking of what I missed the last time I went through an area. I'm one of those people who can watch a TV program and still enjoy seeing it a couple times more later. I always pick up something new that I didn't see before. The same with picking out the locations I want to ride. And with the variation of the seasons, it all changes for temperature, colours, people, etc. For me, I can think of a lot of areas I'd like to see east of the Rockies...but there is so much to see west of the Rockies that I'll probably spend virtually all of my riding time over on the west side. This trip will be going along the northern portion of the USA. This August, I'm heading south into central Oregon to ride in the Painted Hills area. Later, I'll be heading to a rally over near Park City, Utah. There's five different national parks in the area, plus lots of national monuments. And each one is unique. I've been through the national parks before, but I didn't really get a chance to appreciate them. Now I'll get a chance.

It is too easy to take the easy and lazy route and stay at home...till you get to the point you have no choice. For now, I can...so I will.

Chris

16. Likes Richard230 liked this post

04-25-22
    Motorcycle
    '12 F800ST
    Quote Originally Posted by Daboo View Post
    Thanks. Weather looks dicey at the higher elevations. I may bring my electric gear, just in case.

A couple days ago, I thought about not going. But then I thought about what I'd miss. I'd miss the challenge of heading out cross-country by myself. I'd miss the opportunity to see some marvelous sights along the way. And frankly, I think it is too easy to slip into a routine of waiting at home to die.

Back when I was in the USAF, we used to talk about what a rough life it was, because so many people retired and died within 3-5 years. Then when I worked at Boeing, we used to say the same thing, because people would retire and then die a few years later. Except now we were talking about people who were 20 years older...but having the same outcome. I think the reason was that they went home, and then did nothing except wait to die...and so they did.

We get few challenges in life nowadays. Taking a trip like this in a car is a no-brainer. Just buy gas. Bring a jacket for the cool times when you get out of the car, and when it is cool, turn up the heat. And when it gets hot...well, there's always the air conditioning. But you have to plan ahead on a motorcycle. I'll possibly head over a pass that is up around 11-12,000 feet. I'm starting out at sea level. The environment, is going to change dramatically. Am I up to it? I know the bike is.

And so now to check the weather one more time, and then pack. The lawn is mowed. The widows in the church have been called and their orders turned in for the free meal one of the local restaurants is giving them. The finals and papers for the prison seminary class are graded. And I have an understanding wife who lets me do all this. Life is good.

I choose the places I'm going to visit mostly by thinking of what I missed the last time I went through an area. I'm one of those people who can watch a TV program and still enjoy seeing it a couple times more later. I always pick up something new that I didn't see before. The same with picking out the locations I want to ride. And with the variation of the seasons, it all changes for temperature, colours, people, etc. For me, I can think of a lot of areas I'd like to see east of the Rockies...but there is so much to see west of the Rockies that I'll probably spend virtually all of my riding time over on the west side. This trip will be going along the northern portion of the USA. This August, I'm heading south into central Oregon to ride in the Painted Hills area. Later, I'll be heading to a rally over near Park City, Utah. There's five different national parks in the area, plus lots of national monuments. And each one is unique. I've been through the national parks before, but I didn't really get a chance to appreciate them. Now I'll get a chance.

It is too easy to take the easy and lazy route and stay at home...till you get to the point you have no choice. For now, I can...so I will.

Chris
    Well written Chris. Wish I had said that.

Have a great ride.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    So now, I'm wrestling with my next trip. "WeSTOC" was a rally planned for late August in Park City, Utah. They cancelled it for the coronavirus. Which also means that the roads will be wide open and there will be less crowds at the destination.

Park City is right in close reach of Utah's five National Parks. Zion. Moab. Arches. Canyonland. And my favorite, Capitol Reef.

Chris

19. Likes XR1000 liked this post

04-25-22
    Motorcycle
    '12 F800ST
    The southern half of Utah, below I-70, is just about my favorite place to ride. I've done it several times over the years and love all the parks, but ... the roads between the parks are the real attraction.

Have a great ride.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

01-12-22
    Lately I've been wondering how in all my years of riding, I've not explored southern Utah. I guess destinations have always revolved around racing events or places like Alaska, Maine, Colorado, etc. I now have a couple retired friends who head down there often on camper van trips, they love it. Hmm, might need new tires for the F800gt.

04-25-22
    Motorcycle
    '12 F800ST
    When you get around to riding southern Utah, be sure to take the turnoff to the NORTH RIM of the Grand Canyon. I believe it is Hwy Alt-89 south from Kanab which turns into 67 a little past Fredonia. The north rim beats the south rim (the tourist trap) all to pieces. No crowds, no t-shirt shops, no tour buses, no congestion of any kind. Just a great old lodge and lots of old--but well kept--log cabins, plus a few motel-style lodging for the overflow in the summer. It is magnificent to wake up in the morning and have a cup of coffee while sitting on the porch of your log cabin about ten feet from the rim of the Canyon. And with NO noise to distract from the magic spell. I have done that three different times over the years and it just gets better and better each time. Try it, you will like it.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

23. Likes Richard230 liked this post

01-12-22
    Royce, what time of season do you suggest? Spring/Fall? Maybe it doesn't apply for down there, but most National Parks are so crowded that late fall is about the only time one can avoid crowds. But, then some campgrounds and attractions are closing, I've ran into that before. It's always disappointing when in July, you are stuck in bumper to bumper traffic in the middle of Yellowstone. I'll have to research when the snow starts to fly for that area and if September is still busy.

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Quote Originally Posted by XR1000 View Post
    ...It's always disappointing when in July, you are stuck in bumper to bumper traffic in the middle of Yellowstone...
    That's what second gear is for... RVs are not a problem.

I just got back from Yellowstone at the beginning of the month. This year, I actually can't remember if I passed anyone, unlike the first trip a few years ago. Traffic was not heavy at all.

Chris

01-12-22
    Good point! I guess this covid shutdown stuff may mean that now is the time to revisit some of those awesome spots for a fresh look. I have been hearing that RV's are selling in record numbers so I assumed the worst. Time to dig into the map drawer....

Daboo, had you been to the Badlands before? I grew up in North Dakota so fond memories of seeing it as a kid and have been through many time now, but it's still impressive.

04-25-22
    Motorcycle
    '12 F800ST
    Royce, what time of season do you suggest? Spring/Fall? Maybe it doesn't apply for down there, but most National Parks are so crowded that late fall is about the only time one can avoid crowds. But, then some campgrounds and attractions are closing, I've ran into that before. It's always disappointing when in July, you are stuck in bumper to bumper traffic in the middle of Yellowstone. I'll have to research when the snow starts to fly for that area and if September is still busy.
    My three trips to the North Rim were all during the summer. The road into the North Rim isn't opened before Memorial Day and it closes relatively early also, seems like late September maybe. It is a long road and would require a lot of snow removal equipment that the Park Service may not have. But remember, in my first post i mentioned how the North Rim is not crowded? Each time i was there i experienced no crowds or no lines. Rode right up to the Lodge registration and signed in. I got a rim-side cabin each time, but once was actually a last-minute walk-in, the other two times i had reserved a rim-side cabin via the Internet. I believe the rim-side cabins fill up pretty quickly each Spring, but the main Lodge and motel-like accommodations do not. The registration clerk told me that the motel-like accommodations are usually available for walk-ins, while the main Lodge and rim-side cabins are usually booked early each season. I apparently got a rare last-minute cancellation on the one occasion when i was a walk-in. Better to be lucky than good sometimes! Good luck.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

28. Likes XR1000 liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Good point! I guess this covid shutdown stuff may mean that now is the time to revisit some of those awesome spots for a fresh look. I have been hearing that RV's are selling in record numbers so I assumed the worst. Time to dig into the map drawer....

Daboo, had you been to the Badlands before? I grew up in North Dakota so fond memories of seeing it as a kid and have been through many time now, but it's still impressive.
    Traveling is mixed bag. On one hand, there are fewer vehicles on the road. On the other hand, bring some extra things with you, just in case. I carried a bunch of Cliff Bars and other snack bars just in case. I didn't have much of a problem though. I frequented grocery stores to get something at the deli counter. It actually worked out great. The quantity was more what I could eat, and not the normally huge amounts. I did try going to a Wendy's once, and got a bit of a hassle. The dining room was open only till 8pm, and it was 8:02. The worker told me to go around to the drive-up window, and when I did, I was told it was too dangerous to serve me because I walked up. They did serve me, but it was a hassle. He probably didn't realize I did not drive to the Wendy's. Other places like the McDonald's the night before only served you at the drive-up window. You need to be flexible and prepared for things to not be "normal".

Bathroom facilities are not always open either. You can find anything from restrooms being open, being closed...or like one where the toilet was full to within inches of the toilet seat. I put a package of Kleenex in my bag, just in case.

I had been to Spearfish before for a rally, and so had been through many of the sites there. But I missed the Badlands that time, so decided to make that my destination. I'm glad I did.

Chris

30. Likes XR1000 liked this post

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    I rode to the north rim of the Grand Canyon while on a trip to the national BMW rally in Flagstaff during the early 1990's. What I remember most about that visit was the miles of 35 mph highway to get there and back. I just couldn't stick to that speed on my 1991 K100RS and had to bend the limit a bit. The other thing I recall was the smoke in the Canyon that obscured much of the view. I was told that it was coming from some coal-fired power plants located to the east.

04-25-22
    Motorcycle
    '12 F800ST
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard230 View Post
    I rode to the north rim of the Grand Canyon while on a trip to the national BMW rally in Flagstaff during the early 1990's. What I remember most about that visit was the miles of 35 mph highway to get there and back. I just couldn't stick to that speed on my 1991 K100RS and had to bend the limit a bit. The other thing I recall was the smoke in the Canyon that obscured much of the view. I was told that it was coming from some coal-fired power plants located to the east.
    Yes, that road headed south to the park entrance can seem endless! But the scenery along that road is beautiful. I saw lots of wildlife there. As for the smoke, i never experienced it at the north rim, but i have been "smoked out" of rides in the Mountain West more than once. Seems like the past few years fires have become more of a hazard throughout the region.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    I'm headed south to Central Oregon in a couple weeks. The COG group has a "Lava Run", which should be fun. I think our base location will be Bend, OR which is absolutely beautiful.

Then a week or so later, there's a one day ride that'll take us to some of the Washington volcanoes. I'm guessing Mt. Rainier and Mt. St. Helens.

Then over Labor Day weekend, I'm heading south again into Oregon to the John Day area for a ride that basically follows along some of the rivers there. Twisty and fun again.

Mid-September has another trip planned for Eastern Washington.

Chris

04-25-22
    Motorcycle
    '12 F800ST
    Chris, i am jealous. Have fun and good luck.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    We have both the ability to ride year-around here...and some of the best motorcycling roads to some spectacular sites. I can ride all year long in the Puget Sound lowlands. For probably 7 months of the year, it is grey and either has rained, is raining, or is about to rain. And if you want to do some of the incredible rides in this state...you have a very short window to do them in. You basically need to wait till the snow melts.

Chris

04-25-22
    Motorcycle
    '12 F800ST
    Chris, I am familiar with the Pacific Northwest; we lived in Gig Harbor for four years in the 80s--seems like a lifetime ago. I was still in the Army at then-Fort Lewis and we opted to buy a home on the Olympic Peninsula because we fell in love with the community, the church and the schools for our two grade school kids. This was so long ago that there was little traffic on The Narrows Bridge and my commute was fast and wonderful. However, it was also pre-motorcycle days for me (I took a long break while raising a family, like a lot of guys). We explored--by car--all over the areas and roads you talk about and it brings back wonderful memories. I have been back to the area for short visits on several occasions; my wife and I enjoy flying to the Seattle area over long weekends, eating the food and riding the ferries. Plus I have ridden there on my motorcycle several times also in the past 10-15 years. Were it not for family considerations in the Oklahoma area, we would likely have retired in the Pacific Northwest and would be living there now. You are a lucky guy.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

Real Name
    simon
    09-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '13 F700GS
    Just after lockdown restriction’s eased we decided to go away for a couple of days. We pointed to somewhere on the map which we had not heard of and decided to go there. We ended up in a place near Seaton Down which is just inside the border between Dorset and Devon. The ride down from Kent was very nice. Unfortunately we had to do a little motorway which I try to avoid if possible. Some cracking country roads and views

Very nice part of the world down there. We stayed in a farmhouse in a rural location. Cracking place and very nice breakfast too.

We rode back home via a place called Tollpuddle. My daughter is studying English history and one of the topics is covering the Tollpuddle martyrs so we decided that that would be a good place to stop off on ride back. Lovely quiet village. We also stopped at a couple of farm shops for some coffee etc.

Really nice couple of days. We covered about 500 miles.

We plan another ride in a couple of weeks’ time. Somewhere within 150Miles of London. Probably heading East not yet sure.

Safe riding folks!!!!

38. Likes Richard230, Daboo liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    I loved the five years I lived in England. If I had been closer to retiring, I think we would've stayed there. The roads are wonderful for motorcycling.

Do you have any pictures?

Chris

Real Name
    simon
    09-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '13 F700GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Daboo View Post
    I loved the five years I lived in England. If I had been closer to retiring, I think we would've stayed there. The roads are wonderful for motorcycling.

Do you have any pictures?

Chris

Hi Chris,

Sorry but I didnt really take any pics. I must remember to take some decent pics on my next trip out and share on the forum

41. Likes Daboo liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Off to Central Oregon in the morning. There's a Kawasaki rally there that even welcomes BMW riders.

Chris

Real Name
    Lonnie
    08-30-21
    hey Chris - have a great time - say hi to my relation in john day for me - wish i could join you - we were over your way yesterday - beautiful seattle day -- and if you have time either going or coming, let me know if you want to meet up for lunch or something -
    '13 F800GT
    '93 DR350S 

01-12-22
    Enjoy your trip, but watch for those Oregon tar snakes. They get sketchy with the hot weather.

45. Likes Richard230 liked this post
    06-28-21
    Motorcycle
    '12 F800GS ADV
    Enjoy Chris!! Weather will be sunny & warm down there. A couple of buddies & I are headed out next week gonna be in the 90s from Tacoma to Eastern Washington then winding our way down to the Snake River basin to Hell’s Caynon Idaho side . Gonna take our time to enjoy the scenery & the ride on a 3-day trek. Yeehaw!!

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    I'll post pics later. I took I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass and then headed south to the Yakima River Canyon. I found a quiet place next to the river to eat my lunch. Then headed south to the Columbia River, and to Mt. Hood.

The radar detector saved my bacon a couple times. I heard they removed the Oregon State Patrol from Portland, since the DA won't prosecute anyone. There were more LEOs on the road today than I've seen in a month.

Chris

Real Name
    stephen hughson
    07-28-22
    My wife and I leave on a car trip, Wednesday, to Beaver Island, Michigan. That will be the 50th state I have been too. It will be nice to get out of the smoke.

Real Name
    Eike
    08-26-20
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    I've been planning a trip from NYC to Death Valley and LA, starting Sept 8 and wrapping up sometime around October 1st. I'll be in New Orleans by Sept 10, then across Texas, around New Mexico, up to the Grand Canyon and down to Sedona, and then looking for about 6 days' worth of stuff to do somewhere in AZ/UT/NV/CA before October 1st. Overnight camping inside the rim of the Grand Canyon is closed due to Covid, as are all of the Navajo lands in AZ/NM, and some of the major attractions nearby like Angel's Landing hike in Zion and Deh-Na-Zin in the Bisti wastelands. Any ideas of things to see around the area? Anyone want to meet up for a few hundred miles or beers?

50. Likes XR1000 liked this post

05-29-22
    My wife and I plan to leave September 17 for three nights in Black Mountain, NC, which will be our base of operations. Probably 2 days will be spent riding the BRP, with another day hiking in the Montreat area, depending on the weather. Then we move on to Greensboro, NC Saturday. On Sunday we part ways, with me heading north to visit my 99-year old mother, who lives in Delaware, while and my wife heads back to Dahlonega. I will probably spend Sunday night in Charlottesville, which is about half way between Greensboro and New Castle. Five years ago I would have done it in a single day, but the GS isn't quite as comfortable for long distance travel as my old RT (but it's a lot less work).

I have no idea how long I will be in Delaware — possibly the entire winter, depending on how long it takes to straighten out the mess my mother has gotten herself into. This is not quite the "adventure" I would have wished for, but as the saying goes, "it is what it is."

Real Name
    Tom
    08-26-20
    Motorcycle
    '18 GS310
    Motorcycle
    '19 F750GS
    Motorcycle
    '16 F800 GT
    Trying to convince my biker brothers to head to Manzanillo, Colima [south of Puerta Vallarta] in the next week or so.
    It's a great mountain rode ride about 500 miles from Guanajuato.
    F750 GS 2020
    310 GS 2018
    F800 GT 2016 

04-25-22
    Motorcycle
    '12 F800ST
    Quote Originally Posted by Selden View Post
    ... I have no idea how long I will be in Delaware — possibly the entire winter, depending on how long it takes to straighten out the mess my mother has gotten herself into ...
    Ah man. That phrase brings back memories. Bad memories. Lots of folks can probably relate to what you face. Sorry for your situation. I think I will pray for you and your family to have strength and courage to do the right thing. Good luck.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

01-12-22
    tmex51, last summer in Dubois Wyoming I met two GS riders from Mexico. We had a few beers and talked about riding opportunities in the two countries and man since then, I've wanted to go south of the border. It sounds wonderful. Post some photos, I'd enjoy seeing them.

Tomorrow I'm leaving to ride the Hells Canyon Rim road out of Joseph OR., cross the snake river at Brownlee Reservoir and over to McCall ID. Sounds like it's getting really smokey over there, so might just go north through Riggins and head home. If it's clear I'll go around through Salmon and back over Lolo Pass on the way back towards home. 4 or 5 days.