Looking for F800S bars and upper yoke - Huskytalk.com - Husqvarna Motorcycle Forum

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Real Name
    Sandy
    04-18-22
    Motorcycle
    '12 F800ST
    Hi,

Looking for the top yoke and bars from a F800S to, yes, swap out the stock bars on my 2012 F800ST. The F800S/ST is a beautiful bike - bought mine new 8 years ago. Still really like it. But, to delay and hopefully prevent the eventual purchase of a Ducati :-/, looking to switch to a F800S riding position for a while.

Thanks much.
    -sandy

2020/06/25 update: FYI - found the top yoke on ebay for $46 US. However, still looking for S bars. Appreciate any leads.
    Last edited by windoverwater; 06-25-20 at 10:27 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Mark
    07-22-20
    shame about the freight cost, i would have swapped all the items over. Im doing the reverse conversion on my S model

Real Name
    Sandy
    04-18-22
    Motorcycle
    '12 F800ST
    The grass always 'seems' to be greener on the other side :-/

FWIIW, I am planning on keeping the original ST bars and yoke for resale and in case the grass is not greener. However, if you know you are not interested in keeping your S bars, I can look into shipping costs and if reasonable, would be very willing to pay it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Andy
    08-02-22
    Motorcycle
    '16 F800 GT
    Motorcycle
    '10 F 800 ST
    Sandy, I'm used a set of Woodcraft replacement 7/8" clipon bars (p/n 13-0100) along with R&G stainless steel Bar End weight with slider puck ends when I did my ST-to-S bar conversion. You could just as easily use another brand of replacement clipon tubes like Vortex CLR001. The trick is to take a small approx 1/4" diameter round metal file, like a chainsaw sharpening file, to make a notch in each tube providing clearance for one of the two pinch bolts on each side of the "S" top triple clamp.

Here's my ST with the "S" setup
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4032.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	727.7 KB 
ID:	366499   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4034.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	704.0 KB 
ID:	366501   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4033.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	806.9 KB 
ID:	366503  

Real Name
    Sandy
    04-18-22
    Motorcycle
    '12 F800ST
    THANKS! This is great info including the part numbers - really appreciate you sharing!

FWIIW I am thinking of trying to reuse the stock barend weights for not just the vibration damping (it would be nice if the S bars vibrate less then the ST bars) but because I have custom mounted handgrip shields that leverage the stock vibration dampers. It gets cold here in NE and the shields allow me to motorcycle almost year round caveat the ice and snow and salt.

Also appreciate the photos - they help a lot. Any comments regarding how your swap went? Will I have to drill that little hole that comes with the stock bars?

p.s. like the light mounts FWIIW I used that location to mount additional blind spot convex mirrors - https://f800riders.org/forum/garage_...t.php?id=20209

notacop is offline The original Schwartz Wald Troll

10-07-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '04 DL-650A V-Strom
    Motorcycle
    '13 G650GS (Single)
    You guys could just swap pieces and only pay for freight.
    Funny though, several of us put Rox bar risers on the ST soon after getting the bike since it was more comfortable sitting up.
    What ever floats the boat!

Real Name
    Andy
    08-02-22
    Motorcycle
    '16 F800 GT
    Motorcycle
    '10 F 800 ST
    You will have to drill a hole for the left bar to secure the OEM left grip but that is easy. The aftermarket bar end weights have a wedge flare that slips inside the bar and is tightened by a screw accessed from the end, similar to the stock weights. Most offroad/ADV handguards like I assume you are using for cold weather use a similar flare to secure them inside a bare bar.

I use R&G BE0018BK end weights on my Woodcraft clipon tubes in my S-setup. These are meant for some Ducatis as well as Vortex clipon tubes and the outside diameter of the flare gets as small as approximately 16.4-16.5 mm. I also have a set of R&R BE0023BK end weights for a minimum 13.5mm bar ID that I use on my LSL handlebars in the ST-setup. I tend to swap back and forth at least twice a year as I normally use the S-setup for highspeed commuting, spirited weekend rides and trackdays yet convert back to the ST-setup for touring as it gives me a more relaxed position and place to mount GPS satnav. Swapping bars and triple clamps takes less than 2 hours.

I prefer the sport-side of sport touring and find the S clipons very comfortable for a few hours (datapoint: on a supersport 600 I'm good for about 60 minutes w/o a break). The clipons add more weighting to and POTENTIAL feedback from the front tire but the stock fork becomes the limiting factor. I run Andreani cartridges so the feedback is lightyears better than stock and feel the sportier position pays me back. It's good to see someone else dialing in some more "sport" into their ST. As @notacop mentioned, most folks on this forum prefer adding risers to eliminate weight on their hands. Explains why many ST owners upgraded to the GT and why ADV bikes have virtually eliminated the sport-touring bike, especially the middleweight ST. Everybody wants the "sit up and beg" riding position.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4306.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	981.1 KB 
ID:	366707