A worrying trend - Huskytalk.com - Husqvarna Motorcycle Forum

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real Name
    terry
    09-30-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800 GT
    This is a worrying trend - one of our moderators has banned WildWilly for 10days with no reason given (only telling him "you know why"). The same moderator banned Roadpizza recently, ironic really after he himself helped to get Roadpizza reinstated on this Forum last year after a long running technical glitch. Where will it stop? Moderators are not the police so please don't act like you're Storm Troopers.

Lets get to the nitty gritty. I feel recently, certain moderators may have been using their powers maybe because of their own political and religious views might have clouded their response. I may post slightly risque and dubious jokes but I've never as far as I'm aware aimed to insult anyone and nor has Bill, Ox-34 just said it how he saw it. Called free speech.

The "Grown-up section" has 9 named moderators, seven of them, at present, are inactive at least 4 of them have been inactive for between 2 - 5yrs. I do understand many may have health issues which I hope they recover from and fully understand. There are only two moderators, at this moment in time, who are active members and only one of them is a red flagged moderator who has the power of life and death of a post. Surely this cannot be right?
    "I was cut out to be a genius. Unfortunately somebody forgot to put the pieces together"
    Tubby Clayton - Toc H founder 

2. Thanks Lag, IanA, redhededgreg thanked for this post
    Likes Flook, scf liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    I absolutely agree with you here Oxy, to my tiny mind the reasons and post should be made to the proposed offender, so they have a right to respond accordingly. However it seems no so in this instance. Rules should be put on Moderators who ever and where ever they are.

What has happened to our good friend WildWilly I think he has been picked on because of his extremely high rating, which by the way he deserves by his absolute dedication to this site which seems to have been overlooked.

I thought we were all broad minded and broad shoulders here, not wimpy wimps who complain or take offence easily at the slightest thing. If WildWilly deserves to be banned then I should also be banned, and so should many others for past sins and offences on here.

Let WildWilly know the real reasons the post that caused this and the accuser, then WildWilly can make his plea, not guilty until facts prove otherwise. Give WildWilly back his status with relevant apologies.

Please take note, mutiny may be at hand, I have my cutlass and a gang plank ready..

Flook the mutineer
    Please note, the thoughts and opinions of Flook does not necessarily reflect the thoughts and opinions of other posts & site users therein

5. Likes oxytotl, IanA liked this post

Real Name
    Steve
    10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '10 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800ST
    I was thinking similar thoughts the other day, Terry.
    As of Mon, 1st Feb 2016- ;
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery,
    Today is a gift (that's why it's called "the present")
    #1 tip I ride by: Ride as though you're invisible, not invincible
    Bikes so far: Honda CB250-Traded, Suzuki GS500F-Traded, '07 F800ST Matt Graphitan-Deceased, '10 F800ST Night Blue-sold, at present bikeless 

7. Likes oxytotl, Flook, Lag liked this post
  8. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    What's with this,,!! Three members in three weeks, in the still of the night without any explanation, does this remind you of anything?

If these account closures are for legitimate reasons to administer site rules there needs to be an explanation so that other participants can moderate there speak,,.
    What was written and what rule did it violate,,. Very strange to profess freedom of opinion and than secretly close down these long term member accounts without elucidation or explanation,,!!

10. Likes scf liked this post

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    Moderators on this forum do not have the power to ban anyone, only to delete posts and to move them around. Anyone want to volunteer for the job? If you do you will have to take it up with an Administrator. So if it was me, I wouldn't go out of my way to bug an administrator. They have all the power.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior. 

12. Likes Flook liked this post

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Richard230, thanks for that, the question is why did a moderator do this act? I have heard from the person to whom this relates but the person who carried out this deed has been proved to be a RED moderator, so what is the actual difference between RED and the likes of your good self which is BLUE. Can RED moderators of which there is one carry out this kind of procedure without letting the so called offender know who it was he upset and what the cause of that upset was. Surely my old friend (if I may call you that) this would have been part of the procedure.

Thanks for the open offer to become a moderator, if I had time to spend I would consider that position, however my time spent on this forum nowadays is limited.

Flook
    Please note, the thoughts and opinions of Flook does not necessarily reflect the thoughts and opinions of other posts & site users therein

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Lag View Post
    What's with this,,!! Three members in three weeks, in the still of the night without any explanation, does this remind you of anything?

If these account closures are for legitimate reasons to administer site rules there needs to be an explanation so that other participants can moderate there speak,,.
    What was written and what rule did it violate,,. Very strange to profess freedom of opinion and than secretly close down these long term member accounts without elucidation or explanation,,!!
    The rules that they were banned for are at the bottom of every page under "Terms of Use". In addition, the forum originator made up some other rules for the "Grown Up" section. This is no different than any other forum, and is a lot more lenient than some.

I've never seen where "freedom of speech" has meant personal attacks against someone are allowed. terry has told me that I need to get thicker skin. I disagree. I was brought up that when you don't have something nice to say of someone, you don't say it. The "discussions" here have not been about ideas. They have been directed solely at me, either directly as in the "C word" that was referenced in the other thread, or indirectly with the reference blatantly obvious as in this entire thread.

BTW, the bans were not forever. They were temporary, 10 days, and only after repeated violations.

Being a moderator or administrator is a thankless job. Rob's Rule 6 states:
    6. If there’s something amiss, contact a mod. The moderators are here to do just that: moderate. They try their best to enforce the rules. They might even step in and attempt to break up a fight. That usually ends up in said moderator getting a virtual barstool broken over their head, but they try hard. We don’t always see every thread and every post, so if you see a violation of the rules, click the at the bottom of the offending post. You might get ignored, but someone will at least look into it.
    Now let's get back to riding.

Chris
    Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT
    IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder

John 14:6 

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Chris did you warn the person about repeat violations, did you give your reasons, did you point out to the so called offender those reasons and who it was to whom he offended.

Ban me instead, I must have committed so many violations just on this post alone

Flook

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    Kindly direct us to the infraction?

10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    From the terms of use:-

Anyways bought some Scott Leathers textiles today. When they arrive, if my account is not in taters, I'll let forum members know what I think of them.

Be careful out there guys it's getting a bit mad.
    In the Garage 2013 BMW F800 GT,1994 BMW R80 RT,1986 BMW R80 GS,1999 Yamaha SR125
    Sorley missed Honda TLR200
    Enjoy the ride 

Real Name
    Gunther
    10-03-22
    Well, maybe no one is interested in my point of view, but here you are:
    grown up discussion is the part of the forum I read more often, after more than 30 years on motorbikes and approx. 90000 km in 10 years on my '09 F800R, I've reaad and written enough (even though I can still learn something, of course). The italian section is diyng, so to say, and I write just when someone asks something I can contribute to. I'd say no one is interested in my trips abroad and the pics I took, by the way, in last years, between funerals, problems with my right arm, a lot of work and a pandemic, I've been pretty busy. But this forum anyway is still a good media to connect, get and keep on touch with friend and fellow motorcyclists. I'm grateful to forum owners and moderators for their job, they made me capable of personally get to know some forum members in Italy, France and UK.
    That said, I must also say that I haven't appreciated posts and comment which obviously were regarding Chris, I'd say that lot of them where, in recent times at least, attacks against him and not his ideas/beliefs.
    Please, note that I'm atheist, anti religious, leftist, and I think that Trump is the worst president USA have had in the last 30 years. I can say that my ideas about religion are even more rough. This are my personal thought, of course, but they regard ideas and beliefs only.
    Anyway, like Willy, I'm happy this forum has the grown up section, in our lives there's much more than motorbikes. And like Terry, I'm getting worried about this ban trend. Not too much actually, should I get banned, this will not affect my job or my personal health and life.
    Wow, how much I've written! It's a pity I'm not allowed to use my "colourful" italian language, Willy would be pleased about that
    Su cunnu! 

19. Likes steve n rose, Flook, oxytotl, Richard230, IanA and 1 others liked this post

Real Name
    terry
    09-30-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800 GT
    I was informed by one of the banned members that his banishment was - "Forever". Was he misinformed? Or was it a typo?

I'm dumbfounded that it's come to this extremely sad situation where three members in so short of time have been excluded for what appears to be different infractions by the same moderator. I've never noticed any posts that have contained direct threats to anyone except in banter, you'll have to point me in the direction but there again I don't look for them and I missed the C word one you'll have to tell me what it was all about, I must have had my eyes closed!
    We have bumped along fairly well over the past few years, there's not been any problems until recently except where one of the moderators is who clearly a Trump supporter feels the anti-Trump posts are aimed at him personally. I can tell him that Trump does have a thick skin otherwise he wouldn't have gone into politics. Arh! You got me there as by his actions he's a businessman and not a politician.

All simply puerile!
    "I was cut out to be a genius. Unfortunately somebody forgot to put the pieces together"

21. Likes Flook liked this post

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Oh go on Gunther, use your Italian, double dare you

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    I am interested in all points of view, including political ones. I just want them to be rational and make some sense so that I can understand and evaluate them, even if I don't agree with the discussion. Plus, it is very helpful when a reference is provided to support a point, as Lag almost always includes with his comments.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior. 

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    Hmmmmmm,,,, the "C" word, is this what this is all about,,,. Personally I've always avoided using it as I thought the spell checker would block it,,!!

Seems to be enough interest in this thread to provide some factual support as to why these three long term posters have been either suspended or terminated, nothing will put down a bunch of blow hard protesting liberals like some honest facts,,!!

10-12-22
    Well, that’s cast a gloom over the forum, eh?
    Guess it’ll be plain vanilla oil & tire threads now.
    I shoulda seen this coming.
    So it goes.....

26. Likes Flook liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    That said, I must also say that I haven't appreciated posts and comment which obviously were regarding Chris, I'd say that lot of them where, in recent times at least, attacks against him and not his ideas/beliefs.
    Finally, someone gets it. Thank you, Gunther.

If you're wondering why three people have received a temporary ban, perhaps you should ask Richard and Gunther. Richard has agreed with them and it seems like Gunther sees the same thing.

This isn't the first time this has happened, but the response this time has been just the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by steve n rose View Post
    I don't know if this is the right spot to do this but I would like to report what I believe is abusive behaviour towards me on the attached thread when all I was doing was expressing my thoughts.
    In that case, we supported Steve n Rose. In this case, the person being abused, me, is being tossed under the bus and told by terry to get a thicker skin so the abuse and fun can continue.

BTW, no one has been banned permanently.

Real Name
    Peter
    09-04-20
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800 GT
    I've been locked out for a while....

I'm pretty sure that disingenuous cannot be taken as a personal attack Chris. Its a big word, I realise, but it doesn't start with a 'c'. I buhleeve that you are disingenous.

Somebody inside the site keeps messing with my passwords. I reckon it is probably you. Feel free to say I am mistaken.

I was unable to login as 'OX-34' (see my post #356 in the 'Social distancing' thread, immediately after your enigmatic cheesy smile post #355). SO I set up a new user account called 'ASK-34' and posted exactly who I was and that I needed to create a new user as some disingenuous person had fiddled with my password and consequently access.

The post was removed and 'ASK-34' banned. This is a screenshot saying so:

I'll leave it at that.

Then below I will post what 'ASK-34' posted next, both here and in the original thread.

The reason I am doing this is that I believe Daboo has violated forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Daboo View Post
    ..... Frankly, some of the replies here, if we were sitting in the same room and you said those things face to face to me, would end up with one of us would be going to the hospital afterwards.
    Chris
    I think the chances of a trip to the hospital from such a face to face meeting would be lessened if you wear a mask. Ideally, both people should wear a mask, just to be sure, in these COVID-19 times.

Hold on. I've just re-read the "face to face to me" bit and it comes off the computer screen reading like a threat of violence from one forum member toward another. Like the writer says they may hurt another person. Yikes. Chris I hope that is not what you meant? If a verbal - well, written - slur at a person's belief is held to be so heinous, then how much worse is a not-too-well-burqa'd threat of violence going to sit with the administrators of the Forum?

I think it best if we all put down our AR-15s (at least those that support the use of said devices) and just hold hands and hold our tongues. Sure, one could reach around for a puddy to grab if that brings calm, but lets just de-escalate, turn the udder cheek and glow....

Ahhhh - breathe in through the mask - out through the mask - in through the knee bone on your neck if you can - out through the asphalt.

That's better, all nice and quiet, and much happier for you, yeah?

29. Likes Flook liked this post

Real Name
    Gunther
    10-03-22
    Finally, someone gets it
    The first thing I get, is everyone of us (including me) should calm down, no more s...t thrown to each other, no more threats or anything else.
    No one brought me here, I freely joined this forum, and doing so, I accepted its rules, even if I must control my language .
    I like to underline also, that don't even dream to support or share Chris' personal views on politics and religion, I'm way more close to what Willy, Philip, Terry and Peter seem to think. The only difference is that I try to stay calm even when someone writes something I disagree with.
    We can for sure keep on discussing, without gettin "all nice and quiet" as Peter seems to fear . Should I express here as I usually do, I'll get a permanent ban after the first post, an excommunication by the pope, and threats by black, yellow, red, jew and white people (not to forget all the minorities and tall ones)
    Su cunnu! 

31. Likes Flook, steve n rose, Richard230 liked this post

Real Name
    Gunther
    10-03-22
    Quote Originally Posted by Flook View Post
    Oh go on Gunther, use your Italian, double dare you
    I dare every time I post, it's in my signature, at the bottom left of each thread, actually, it's sardinian Language, not italian, but gives the idea
    Su cunnu! 

33. Likes Flook liked this post

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Oh Gunther you are a wag, that does not mean Wifes And Girlfriends either, it means funny, taking things lightly with humour.

Terry and others dig deep when they look into things, me, I take a light hearted view. I will put myself forward as I have if I personally think something is or could be wrong. I am prepared to take a ban for a friend on this site, that is me though.

In the past Richard230 and have have had words, but never has he seen fit to ban me. I have joked with someone from the USA about me flying over there just to prove a particular point at that time, and, believe it or not he took me real seriously and threatened me with legal action if I did.

I look at all of you and consider you all friends, this is because we share an interest, I do not care where you come from, we all have our failings, huh, so what, some may go OTT a tad, but does it kill us, err no, it may hurt us or feel hurt by what is said. But we are a community, we share things we communicate and prevaricate we blow our tops, we cuss we swear and sometimes make unwise choices with veiled threats while not realy meaning too.

So come on, let us get real here, everyone who has been banned should now be taken off that list, it wont be forgotten nor should it be, but, we must learn from this to try and I repeat try to understand with more tolerance.

Your mad hatter
    Flook

35. Likes steve n rose, oxytotl, Richard230, IanA liked this post

Real Name
    Steve
    10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '10 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800ST
    Gee, Flook, I didn't think you could be sensible. What a surprise.
    Bikes so far: Honda CB250-Traded, Suzuki GS500F-Traded, '07 F800ST Matt Graphitan-Deceased, '10 F800ST Night Blue-sold, at present bikeless 

37. Likes Flook, oxytotl liked this post

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    I have my moments

39. Likes Selden liked this post

Real Name
    Gunther
    10-03-22
    Quote Originally Posted by Flook View Post
    ...he took me real seriously and threatened me with legal action if I did...
    I've always thought that english speaking world has no sense of humour
    Seriously talking, sometimes I can't understand people, if you take everything too seriously, or as an offence, one day you will see only enemies around you.
    Su cunnu! 

41. Likes oxytotl, Selden liked this post

Real Name
    terry
    09-30-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800 GT
    Gee, Flook, I didn't think you could be sensible. What a surprise.
    Flookie sensible? He's like me, daft as a brush, that's why we've been friends for a few years.

43. Likes Flook liked this post

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    AHH Oxy, group hug, now sod off

45. Likes oxytotl liked this post

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Okay back to some serious stuff.
    I have just remembered, you know, that things the back of your mind that seems to go ----- TAH DA, yup that's the thing.

Okay here we go - many years back this member was saying how his pride and joy was locked up and securely garaged. He was bragging about it, so me being of a slightly twisted mind thought I would wind him up (with me so far). He had or may still have a very nice red and white striped bike a real beauty. So I said I could take a flight over there, taxi from the airport to his place sneak into the garage and nick his bike. To say he went mental is a gross understatement, threats of law suits and how dare I threaten to take his bike. Now there may be some on here reading this and be thunder struck at my doing this. Hey, give it some thought now, he did not give it any at all, so I wound him up so much I thought I would be banned.
    So think on a few points, one could I afford the air fare for a return flight, err no, did I know his actual address, err no. . . So what do I mean no, easy, but he did not want to know that did he, he is/was an American lawyer, well, so he reckoned.

So you guy's out there who write serious, be aware I may take it to heart and come over and meet you face 2 face, I know where you live, you won't see me coming as I will wear glasses, not ordinary glasses but RayBan sun glasses (only the best for me) I will bill you for the return flight fare as well, and, any taxi's taken to and from, also bill your accounts for Trump Tower hotel bills.

And no, this is not April either

Your friend Oxytotle

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Also now you know why I have written my "Please note, the thoughts and opinions of Flook does not necessarily reflect the thoughts and opinions of other posts & site users therein" below.

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    Just stay calm, everyone. We still have many weeks before the U.S. election and I wouldn't want to see anyone have a heart attack over anything they read on a motorcycle forum. Of course that is easy for me to say. I have nothing in my head so that what I hear, or in this case read, goes in one ear and out the other. Does that make me the "Tin Man"?

49. Likes Lag, Flook, IanA liked this post

Real Name
    Steve
    10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '10 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800ST
    And can I be Toto, huh, please.
    I promise I won't bite.

51. Likes Richard230 liked this post

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Steve, promises promises

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Quote Originally Posted by OX-34 View Post
    I've been locked out for a while....

I'm pretty sure that disingenuous cannot be taken as a personal attack Chris. Its a big word, I realise, but it doesn't start with a 'c'. I buhleeve that you are disingenous.

Somebody inside the site keeps messing with my passwords. I reckon it is probably you. Feel free to say I am mistaken.

I was unable to login as 'OX-34' (see my post #356 in the 'Social distancing' thread, immediately after your enigmatic cheesy smile post #355). SO I set up a new user account called 'ASK-34' and posted exactly who I was and that I needed to create a new user as some disingenuous person had fiddled with my password and consequently access.

The post was removed and 'ASK-34' banned. This is a screenshot saying so:
    I'll skip the screenshot; it's kinda big. Yes, it said ASK-34 was banned and it gave no reason. We covered that in a separate PM that you did not tell everyone else about.

What you did not include in your first post above after receiving a temporary ban, was what was in the PM that was sent to you and to Richard230 and guidovolence. So here is the answer I sent when you asked why ASK-34 was banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Daboo
    It's all really simple. You received a temporary ban till 6/27. Somehow the forum software is still allowing you to post.

Okay. If you continue to post...my recourse is a permanent ban which deletes every post you made.

Your choice. You can exhibit some restraint and stay off the forum, or I'll do it for you.

BTW, Richard230 and Guido both agree with what I've done so far. We don't want to see it go this way, but the personal attacks and profane language have to stop. We don't get paid enough to put up with it as volunteers.

Chris
    There was nothing underhanded or sneaky about it. You violated the Terms of Use as stated when OX-34 was banned. For some reason, the forum software let you come back online as if nothing had happened. I guess you did not understand the part of a temporary ban till 6/27??? So when I "fixed" your OX-34 profile so the temporary ban could continue till 6/27...you proceeded to make a second account. It appears like nothing was going to deter you from getting on and flaming me again. The second line in my PM to you was simply in hopes that you wouldn't immediately create a third account and a fourth account and a fifth account. I have better things to do in my day than deal with this. It seems to have worked, and you didn't come back again till the temporary ban was removed. I think most would agree...if the PM was included for both when OX-34 was given a temporary ban, and later when ASK-34 was given a permanent ban...that you received plenty of communication. There was nothing disingenuous about that.

You may not:

• Use the Web Site to post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, provincial, national or international law.
    Personal attacks will not be allowed. Pure and simple. Learn how to discuss ideas...and stay away from attacking someone's character.

Chris

54. Dislikes OX-34 disliked this post

Real Name
    Peter
    09-04-20
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800 GT
    Daboo, when you ban someone, the PMs don't get through. You do understand that, don't you?

If you sent ASK-34 or OX-34 a PM when I couldn't login, how could I read it? I didn't even know I was banned and made it perfectly clear. See my 'whats going on' posts.

When did you say I was banned until 6/27?

Real Name
    Peter
    09-04-20
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800 GT
    You may not:

Use the Web Site to post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, provincial, national or international law.
    You have not addressed the issue of Daboo threatening that there would be a 'trip to the hospital'. FAILyer, I like to call it.

Why do the rules apply to the members but you are not banned for your keyboard warrior threat to put someone in hospital for disagreeing with you?

That ain't flaming, big boy, that's transparency and fairness in the land of cheeses.

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    I'm still not seeing where these three members broke the rules, I do see where they have made there political views known, its not enough to make accusations without supporting them with facts, very reminiscent of how Donald Trump runs the country,,!!

Is this about political views, where's the beef,?
    Last edited by Lag; 06-28-20 at 08:08 PM.

58. Likes Selden liked this post
    notacop is offline The original Schwartz Wald Troll

10-07-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '04 DL-650A V-Strom
    Motorcycle
    '13 G650GS (Single)
    Moderators, our forum version of Judge Dredd? Police, Judge and Executioner!

So it's only a 10 day suspension. Piece o' pie. Just pretend you are a good Democrat laying low from a pandemic of ruthless rules.
    We'll all get through this together. Mind the idiots with bare faces. Wear your mask and try not to puke when you hear the Presidents voice.

60. Likes scf, redhededgreg, Flook liked this post

Real Name
    Gerry
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '09 F800ST
    Man...I apparently missed a lot the past several days.
    2009 F800ST (Night Blue Metallic) l 1999 SV650 (Naked & Red) l
    l 2012 G650 GS Sertao l 2012 Can-Am Spyder RT-S (Mrs. Meteor's...) 

62. Likes steve n rose, oxytotl, Flook liked this post

05-29-22
    If Gunther hadn't pointed it out, I would never have noticed. This seems to be a contraction of "cravarinci in su cunnu". I don't know enough Italian, let alone Sardinian to know for sure, but it sure sounds like a Turkish phrase my roommate taught me in college: "Annenin amına koyun."

09-20-21
    I've been reading this forum via email updates only after an obviously pro-gun related username I registered a while ago just disappeared. Clearly some mods some have an agenda.

I dont know what's going on in this particular thread, but theres clearly a movement towards a cancel culture over debate with free speech.

It seems anyone's panties getting ruffled is justification for banishment. I dont blame the non US citizens here because they may feel it's for a greater good, but this is a dangerous path we are on in the freest country on earth. I dont care what you say, but I'd defend anyone's right to express any opinion, personal threats and attacks aside.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

65. Likes Lag liked this post

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    Quote Originally Posted by 2A101 View Post
    I've been reading this forum via email updates only after an obviously pro-gun related username I registered a while ago just disappeared. Clearly some mods some have an agenda.

I dont know what's going on in this particular thread, but theres clearly a movement towards a cancel culture over debate with free speech.

It seems anyone's panties getting ruffled is justification for banishment. I dont blame the non US citizens here because they may feel it's for a greater good, but this is a dangerous path we are on in the freest country on earth. I dont care what you say, but I'd defend anyone's right to express any opinion, personal threats and attacks aside.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
    I believe I am the only moderator left on the forum, along with the two administrators, Chris and Gino. I can tell you that I do not have the power to ban anyone or to change anyone's post. All I have the power to do is to move posts and threads around into another subject area. And also delete spam posts, which leaves a record in the thread, until I manage to dump it into the Trash Can section.

67. Likes Lag, oxytotl, Flook liked this post
    notacop is offline The original Schwartz Wald Troll

10-07-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '04 DL-650A V-Strom
    Motorcycle
    '13 G650GS (Single)
    it's matter of the political culture we are experiencing at the moment.
    once we lose the present current dissident that are in power it should go back to being a group of posters that exchange ideas freely.
    Currently we have those that are for and those that are against.
    May they come to their senses.

69. Likes steve n rose, oxytotl, Flook liked this post

Real Name
    Noel
    10-07-22
    It seems that Covid-19 is creating a little mental stress here, bored people getting unnecessarily excited about what are surely the rules of the game
    If we want to play in this pool the rules are there, not to prevent polite banter but to protect the innocent from from offence and sometimes downright rudeness
    As a member of another motorcycle forum where such indignity would never be tolerated, I have found writing in this forum to be "wild west" by comparison
    The net result, I limit my visits and keep mostly to just reading rather than contributing and I am no prude, just respect other peoples opinions
    So - if the rules don't suit, don't blame the poor Administrator or moderator, look within and change - or go find another pool to play in
    In my 70 plus years of life I have found motorcycling fun and the people by and large agreeable to talk to, with a few obvious exceptions
    Lets all play nice and get back to what this forum was intended to achieve?

71. Likes Gunther, Richard230, IanA liked this post

Real Name
    Steve
    10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '10 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800ST
    Hi Noel,
    Yeah, we should just play nice.
    Which side of Brissie are you?
    Mt tambourine side, or Mount Mee and Glorious side.

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Freedom of speech, wow, we say freedom of speech, but where did it actually come from. Many centuries ago Good ole King John was ruling England, some of his subjects not the common people who were known as surfs but the Lords with lands were being subjected to taxes among other things, so basically they revolted against the King and had him sign a document which was called the Magnacarta (if I have my spieling correct here). Part of that document was about allowing the Lords and they're tenants and surfs freedom of speech, though the surfs and tenants could not read or indeed write. This is a very small section and hard to find in this document.

So the Idea of free speech was made, however, free speech was and always has been given limits to the laws of certain countries like the USA, France, Germany and many others who have copied this idea of free speech which originated here in England. So remember free speech has its limits, it does not mean what some people may think, though we are limited, this does not mean we are indeed shackled as some may say or imply, these do not appreciate what they have.

We have certain liberties our forebears did not have, we are free from serfdom, free of movement without permission from Lords of the land, here in the UK and the USA and like wise including Australia and New Zealand. All of which have been occupied by the English one way or another, and yes I must also include Ireland North and south as well.

So remember before shouting ones mouth off, there are limits, and we now live in times where those limits are further reduced with over sensitivity, and those who quite frankly do not care and push these boundaries too far.

Remember an old Quote here, "the pen is mightier than the sword" this applies here and anywhere we write words. Words can be hurtful, so much so that it has caused many a young person to take their lives. We are grown up, though sometimes I have my doubts about my self in that regard, but it does not mean to say it does not affect some one. We can put things in way's that has the effect of it implies to someone with shortened words that sound offensive, I have read some of that, and though it did not apply to me, I was not impressed by that person who penned it.

I do not apologise for the ramble

History lesson over

Flook

74. Likes steve n rose, Richard230 liked this post

Real Name
    Steve
    10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '10 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800ST
    Thank God you have that disclaimer at the bottom of your posts. Otherwise someone might think you're serious.

76. Likes oxytotl liked this post

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Steve I can be serious when the need arises. The Magnacarta is a massive document, many copies as well for the Barons and Lords who signed it. It covered many things including land and taxes amount of serfs on ones land etc. The unfortunate thing was this was meant to control a King who was what they thought was out of control as indeed he was. It was a few months later he broke the contract of the Magnacarta and went back on his words, stating he had been forced into signing it. Which of course he was. But England was forever changed by that Contract of the Magnacarta that was signed by the banks of the river Thames at Runnymead.

78. Likes steve n rose, Richard230 liked this post

Real Name
    Gunther
    10-03-22
    Quote Originally Posted by Selden View Post
    If Gunther hadn't pointed it out, I would never have noticed. This seems to be a contraction of "cravarinci in su cunnu". I don't know enough Italian, let alone Sardinian to know for sure, but it sure sounds like a Turkish phrase my roommate taught me in college: "Annenin amına koyun."
    ...the power of google translator…
    I don't know the meaning of the turkish sentence, but I can bet it's something similar to the sardinian one, an insult too rough to be translated here.
    "su cunnu" can be, and in this case is, meant as a simple exclamation for surprise, anger, or anything else you want. I used that because only sardinians can understand, so it's no offense to anyone.
    Should someone come to Italy, be prepared to ear that or something similar in every part of the country.
    Su cunnu! 

Real Name
    Noel
    10-07-22
    Hi Noel,
    Yeah, we should just play nice.
    Which side of Brissie are you?
    Mt tambourine side, or Mount Mee and Glorious side.
    Hi Steve, clearly you know my home turf, yeah I'm from the south side so the hinterland behind the Gold Coast is my natural playground though I have a very good mate living on the north side who regularly wants to go riding over Mt Glorious. All good but these days I take things easy, reaction times no longer what they were and I have no desire to die just yet
    Had carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists only 2 weeks ago and 11 days later took the F800ST out for a short ride - not sure it did a lot of good for my clutch hand but got back home safely and my surgeon had said I could so anything that pain would allow. For now at least, I shall wait a bit longer before a next attempt. I belong to the VJMC and own a '69 H1 on which I finished a full resto' only a year ago so that kept me busy in retirement for a while but lately the old body has slowed things down while I get bits re-built and other less desirable things removed.
    Enjoy that lovely countryside down in Victoria, I have only ever driven a car through those parts

Real Name
    Steve
    10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '10 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800ST
    Born in Maryborough and spent most of my life in gympie and nambour, reverse migrated to Vic in 2011. Hope all goes well with you.

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Noel, carpal tunnel on both wrists. I had it done on one wrist backend of 1999/2000 and that was bad enough for going to the dunnie, but both, respect mate, must have an understanding missis.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast