holidaying during the pandemic - Huskytalk.com - Husqvarna Motorcycle Forum

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Real Name
    terry
    09-30-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800 GT
    In Ireland our 'R' rate recently was down to 0.5 and we were getting back to the new normal, but for some strange reason the Irish government decided to open our borders to many places throughout the world who still have increasing numbers - US included. We now have an 'R' rate of 1.8 and we're now being told to keep away from Killarney as it's being infested with American tourists who see Ireland a safe place to spread their germs. I understand they come in through Heathrow, fly on to Belfast, hire a car and drive down to Killarney to mask where they've come from to avoid the mandatory quarantine.
    Can I ask any of our overseas members especially from areas with high rates of infection to think again if they want to visit, it'll still be here when all this has died down.

https://www.irishpost.com/news/ameri...ovid-19-189252
    "I was cut out to be a genius. Unfortunately somebody forgot to put the pieces together"
    Tubby Clayton - Toc H founder 

2. Thanks Lag thanked for this post
    Likes Lag liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    "Hundreds of visitors have been arriving from the US over the past couple of weeks, some for holidays and others to visit family, but the general consensus among them seems to be that they've a better chance of avoiding catching Covid-19 here than they do back home."

Thats absolutely bizarre, if these traveler's are the source of the spread its criminal negligence in my opinion,,. Not to discount the good job Ireland has done in controlling C19 they need to have rules in place to prevent this from happening,,. No travel from high risk areas or countries, 14 day quarantine to all travelers,,. Unfortunately many Americans top the list of people whom have not figured C19 out yet, many believe its there constitutional right not to wear a face mask,,.
    Many so called sh-t hole countries made the Euro OK to travel list, the US did not so I don't know why they would think they should be traveling around,,!!

notacop is offline The original Schwartz Wald Troll

10-07-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '04 DL-650A V-Strom
    Motorcycle
    '13 G650GS (Single)
    The lack of any civility on the part of so many is a real shame. Got your average potential for sickness and death and these dumb Fcks want to go on holiday and kiss some freaking rock.
    They're all as dumb as possible and as insensitive.
    Unfortunately there is no cohesive plan to control the spread of covid. Just knee jerk reactions to perceived liberties and lack of leadership from small towns to counties, states and nations.
    I mentioned the comparison before, Nuke them all and let God sort it out. In this case, let them all get sick and see who dies.

6. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    Gee, Terry. I hadn't thought about it before. Visiting Ireland to hang out while having the virus sounds like a great idea. Maybe we could go over there and kiss a rock for good luck. No other country's traveling citizens can beat us when it comes to impressing the locals and representing our country over the years.

I was out hiking at the local county park this weekend and noticed that no one between the ages of 20 and 40 was wearing a mask, even though it is a requirement to hike in the park. However, everyone over that age was wearing a mask and doing their best to keep away from the youngsters.

The mayor of San Francisco has closed down almost all indoor commercial activities today, after allowing them to open up just a few days ago. Unfortunately, her "punishment" only hurts the small businesses in the city and doesn't have much impact on the real problem area. She says her actions resulted from a big spike in infections and hospitalizations in the city, which she is blaming on young people getting together at parties and not giving a rat's behind if they get sick or not. She is really pissed and is threatening to send the city's residents back into their homes to shelter in-place again. Good luck with that. I hate to tell her but the young horses are already out of the barn and they are not about to return.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior. 

Real Name
    terry
    09-30-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800 GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard230 View Post
    Gee, Terry. I hadn't thought about it before. Visiting Ireland to hang out while having the virus sounds like a great idea. Maybe we could go over there and kiss a rock for good luck. No other country's traveling citizens can beat us when it comes to impressing the locals and representing our country over the years. [uhoh..........
    I don't want to ruin your visions of the Blarney stone but it has been known for people to gob on it especially for tourists!!
    "I was cut out to be a genius. Unfortunately somebody forgot to put the pieces together"

Real Name
    terry
    09-30-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800 GT
    One of my neighbours was in a Lidls supermarket in a queue. The lady behind her recognised the lady in the front. The lady in front said "gosh you've got a tan"! The lady behind said "yer I've been on holiday, I'm supposed to be quarantining - you won't tell anyone will you"!!! So it's not just visitors it's the stupid locals who think it's a bloody joke! The world is full of thick people. Of course this could be a way of weeding out the thickos and reducing the population! Some hope!

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    It all depends on where you go. This is on the coast at Normandy last weekend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S__13484084.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	349.6 KB 
ID:	366673

Generalizations don't work very well to minimize risk.

It's like in our state, we have a mandatory mask rule for indoors, and outdoors when you can't keep socially distant. I see people walking across the parking lot with no one around, or joggers wearing a mask...again, with no one around. That makes no sense at all.

Chris
    Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT
    IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder

John 14:6 

Real Name
    Nigel
    08-26-22
    Would that be a generic picture that you're using to press home your thoughts on how infection control?

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Family photo. Look closely and you might be able to make out someone about a quarter of a mile away. Not much chance of catching anything.

Chris
    Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT
    IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder

John 14:6 

Real Name
    Nigel
    08-26-22
    Any words of wisdom on the journey to and from, accommodation and eating?

(I'm guessing that may have missed the latest news from France.)

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Steve
    10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '10 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800ST
    A couple of little towns in East Gippsland, that were badly affected by the fires earlier in the year, have had to shut down for cleaning and testing. This is due to an inconsiderate lock-down breaker from Melbourne going there last week-end and has since tested positive.
    What are these stupid idiots thinking when they do such things?
    As of Mon, 1st Feb 2016- ;
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery,
    Today is a gift (that's why it's called "the present")
    #1 tip I ride by: Ride as though you're invisible, not invincible
    Bikes so far: Honda CB250-Traded, Suzuki GS500F-Traded, '07 F800ST Matt Graphitan-Deceased, '10 F800ST Night Blue-sold, at present bikeless 

15. Likes BoxerBits liked this post

Real Name
    terry
    09-30-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800 GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Daboo View Post
    Family photo. Look closely and you might be able to make out someone about a quarter of a mile away. Not much chance of catching anything.

Chris
    How did you travel to France, by USS Enterprise transporter and was beamed there, or was it by conventional transport? If it was conventional you'd have very chance of catching a cold or something even nastier!