Recycling lithium EV battereis - Huskytalk.com - Husqvarna Motorcycle Forum

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    My guess is that this should be a good business to be in, with a bright future. I would be nice if it could be duplicated in the North American market. However, I won't be holding my breath until that happens: https://electricmotorcycles.news/zer...cling-project/
    Richard - Current bikes: 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior. 

2. Thanks MGD109 thanked for this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

notacop is offline The original Schwartz Wald Troll

10-07-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '04 DL-650A V-Strom
    Motorcycle
    '13 G650GS (Single)
    Recycling batteries has been a PITA. Not car batteries per se but the flashlight and electronics power supplies. For all the pleading to recycle, the centers for doing so aren't so prevalent.
    One would think that to invent a new industry one would think it through from mining raw materials to disposal of a depleted product.
    Nah, that would take brains and profit is more important.

Real Name
    Nigel
    08-26-22
    Quote Originally Posted by notacop View Post
    Recycling batteries has been a PITA. Not car batteries per se but the flashlight and electronics power supplies. For all the pleading to recycle, the centers for doing so aren't so prevalent.
    One would think that to invent a new industry one would think it through from mining raw materials to disposal of a depleted product.
    Nah, that would take brains and profit is more important.
    Around our way, most of the major supermarkets have a battery bin where you can drop off your used small appliance batteries. Wife normally takes our used ones and drops them off as part of the weekly shop run.

Larger ones from cars, bikes etc... can be taken to the town recycling center run by the County Council.

Think there are similar setup in other parts of the UK

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

6. Likes lateral_G liked this post
  7. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxerBits View Post
    Around our way, most of the major supermarkets have a battery bin where you can drop off your used small appliance batteries. Wife normally takes our used ones and drops them off as part of the weekly shop run.

Larger ones from cars, bikes etc... can be taken to the town recycling center run by the County Council.

Think there are similar setup in other parts of the UK

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk
    Things are different right now in the U.S. To my knowledge, public recycling centers will not accept EV batteries. However, i do believe that Tesla, Nissan and maybe GM (in the future) will be recycling their own batteries. It is nice to see Zero giving it a go. However, I imagine that recycling their battery packs is pretty labor intensive and expensive. I assume that the process in Europe will be subsidized by the EU.

Here in California, the state's recycling program has collapsed, apparently due to poor management, although they are still collecting recycling fees and deposits, which seems to just disappear into the state's general fund.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.