New Years 8 Hour Team Race !! - Huskytalk.com - Husqvarna Motorcycle Forum

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

12-29-09
    Not sure if this is the right place or not if not just let me know and I will move it ........

Web site .......... http://thebattleofatlantaatsocialcircle.com/

NO MEMBERSHIPS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT

Ok heres some of the info ..........................

8 Hour Team race event ....... January 3, 2010
    Location.... is Exit 98 on I-20 in Social Circle, GA the land is on the corner soon as you get off the interstate !!! This is the closest you can race to metro Atlanta !!!

We have a large pit area with a nice lake over 500 acers of varying terrain from open grass track to WEC style woods sections, nice flowing single track, and a woods mx course.

FREE CAMPING at the track !!!!!!

Lots of give aways parts, gear, tires, etc.......

Pro purse of $2000.00 guaranteed possibly more depending on sponsor contributions.
    Ironman purse of $150.00 guaranteed I am working on the sponsors for more money.

RACE STARTS AT 9:00 AM SHARP no late sign ups !!!!
    Race ends at 5:00pm Sharp !!!

Electronic scoring with transponders

Entry Fees ..... $50.00 per rider all clases , $5.00 Gate fee

Classes ................ You may ride your own bike or share a bike

Pro/AA - up to 3 riders per team = $2000 + purse
    Open A - up to 3 riders per team
    Open B - up to 3 riders per team
    Open C - up to 3 riders per team
    30+ - up to 3 riders per team
    40+ - up to 3 riders per team
    50+ - up to 3 riders per team
    Ironman - 1 bike 1 rider = $150.00 + purse
    Women - up to 3 riders per team
    Father and Son - 2 riders per team

Tropies will be determinded by pre entrys ..... race flier coming soon

Maufactures row will be set up at the track with new bikes on display from all the bike manufactures including KTM, Husaburg, Husky, Honda, Yamaha, etc..........

We are trying for a big spaghetti dinner on saturday night.

There are pleanty of Hotels only mins from the track and lots of great restaurants in Social Circle !!!!

Come out and start your new year off with a bang !!!!!!

You can contact me if you have any questions at 1-678-368-0289 up till 11pm est.

I will post up more info as it comes guys along with the race flier and pre-entry info.

Thanks for looking hope to see you guys out here !!!
    Later Jeremy

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

12-06-10
    Moved to the Husky Racing section and stickied it for you.

Welcome to HuskyTalk and hope the race goes off well for you guys.

06-17-08
    Is there a website for this race?

5. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

12-29-09
    We do not have a website set up yet but as the information comes avaliable I will post it here. We will have the race flier up by wed. along with a pre-entry form that everyone will be able to print out and send in to us.

If you have any questions feel free to call or post them in this thread I will be checking it a few times a day.

Thanks MIHUSKYRIDER for posting this up for me, You guys have a great site here !!

12-29-09
    More exciting news today !!!! We have a confirmation from the AM-PRO Yamaha team for the pro class !!! We have contacted most of the pro offroad teams short of Suzuki, Honda, Gas Gas, and Beta. Do any of you guys have an in or know how to contact these teams ??? If so please pass the word on to these teams or have them contact us the number is on the info page I posted.

We have also picked up some great sponsors for the event :
    Parts Unlimited
    Moose Racing
    Powersports Grafix
    Fox Racing
    Proline Motorsports KTM
    The Race Shop Husaberg/Beta
    Upstate Cycle Husqvarna

And more to come !!!

Thanks Jeremy

12-29-09
    Web site is up and ready guys !!!!!! Check it out .......... http://thebattleofatlantaatsocialcircle.com/

12-29-09
    Ok, here are a few pictures from the property. This picture is looking across the lake back towards Hwy 11. The land on the right is where RV camping and pit row will be. The land of the left is where tent camping and the obstacle course will be.

This picture is looking down pit row, back towards where I took the other picture. We have more than 2/10ths of a mile of straight and flat land for pit row. That's approximately 1,200 feet! If you remember the last race Jeremy put on at Broad River, that pit row was only 300 feet. Needless to say this has plenty of room for RVs on both sides of pit row and we could handle 1,000 racers with this pit row.

And the third picture is looking from pit row across the lake towards the obstacle course and main spectator area. Kinda looks like a golf course with the rolling hill and nice trees. That side is bigger and will have obstacles and grass track spread out through the trees.

The grass in these pictures is about waist high and will be cut as soon as the weather and work schedules allow. That's all for pictures this week. Hopefully next week we'll have some pictures or video of the trail or the mx track or maybe even a new bridge. We're having 32 power poles delivered today - in the rain ::smirk:: Thank you Michael P and KONG for making that happen. We're on track with Lowe's to have all of the materials for the obstacle course, but we're going to get the trail done before we take delivery of those items.

A message to the pro teams: we increased the number of allowable racers in pro class from 2 to 3. You can still do a two man team if you like. You may even have a better chance with two racers and less pit stops. There will be a pit row bypass. Heck, you could even race the ironman class as a pro and stand a chance of winning the Overall purse and the Ironman purse. But it is an 8 hour race and that would be pretty difficult to do.

The Ironman purse has grown from $150 to at least $250 plus a $99 suspension service from KTM World and a $150 gift certificate from BMW/Husqvarna of Atlanta ($100 more if the ironman winner is on a Husky or BMW). We have rumors of the Ironman purse growing with even more cash donations......stay tuned.

12-29-09
    Ok time for a little update ...........

The Ironman purse is growing by the day !!!!!!!

We are now up to $600.00 Cash
    $99 value Shock service from KTM World
    $150 gift certificate from BMW/Husky of Atlanta
    $100 bonus from BMW/Husky of Atlanta if the winner is riding a Husky or BMW
    Up to $60 value pair of goggles brand of your choice From Proline KTM
    $100 to the 10th place finisher in the Ironman class

More is coming for the Ironman class stay tuned !!!!!

Due to rain, flu-like symptoms and a SETRA race, we weren't able to spend as much time at the property as we would have liked last week. But, we did spend a day getting power poles - they are huge and will be well used. Also spent another day with the chainsaw cutting trail and testing to make sure it flows well. It is coming along nicely.

We've been asked how many places will you trophy? How many trophies we do depends on how many preentries we receive. We've already received many - thank you for getting them in early. If you haven't sent it in please do so. We will be trophying to 3rd place at a minimum and hopefully we'll have the preentires to support trophies to 5th or more place. And the trophies are gonna be nice ::up:: Another reason to send in your preentries is so we'll have an accurate number for the PG graphics you'll be putting on your front number plate. Powersports Graphics will be providing race decals very similar to what they provide for the Nat'l Enduro series. Racers will receive their decal when they pick up their packet at the race.

Today's picture is so the sponsors can see the visibility their banners will be getting from Hwy 11. The obstacle course and spectator area will be among these pines and more not pictured. About a mile of the course will run beside Hwy 11 and all of this area has great visibility from Hwy 11 as well as plenty of room for spectators to gather. Our sponsors banners will be on this fence facing Hwy 11 as well as on our obstacles for the spectators and riders to see.

Speaking of sponsors - I'm happy to say we've signed on another top sponsor. Mountain Motorsports of Conyers has joined Proline Motorsports and Lowe's as our premiere sponsors. They are contributing cash to the pro purse as well as $1,000 in merchandise to be given away to the racers via a raffle after the race. This big chunk of goods is in addition to the already substantial donations from all our other sponsors.

This is from a small area of the obstacle course are looking back towards Hwy 11.

Lets get those pre-entries coming in !!!!!!!!!

Later Jeremy

12-29-09
    Ok guys and gals time for our tuesday update ..................

The course is coming along great !!!! Here in the first pic we are seting the poles for the Main creek crossing

As you can see in this pic we have pleanty of poles left over for our obstical course ::up::

The property is mostly covered in hard woods with some huge cedar trees scattered along the way

Here we are laying the deck on the smallest of the bridges

Lets keep those entries coming in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12-29-09
    Woo-hoo! Iā€™m happy to confirm that security Saturday night will be performed by the real-deal Civil War Reenactors. From dusk till dawn the entrance will be manned by armed soldiers dressed in Civil War uniforms complete with blackpowder rifles. Soldiers will also be patrolling pit row all night long. The drum and fife corps will be performing Saturday night and thatā€™s something you donā€™t want to miss. And, while I donā€™t want to give too much away just yet, I will tell you that Sunday morning the race will ā€œstart with a bangā€. ā˜ŗ

Weā€™re also very happy to tell you that we will be raising funds for the Dream House for medically fragile children. We will have a non-denominational sunrise service lakeside on Sunday morning. When we pass the offering plate please give and know that 100% of your offering will be given to the Dream House. This is a great local charity that dirtbikers have been donating to for years. Our GOR friend Keith (dirtbikedad) will be delivering the message Sunday morning and it promises to be a good one. Thanks Keith!

Weā€™ve made some serious progress on the trail and are right on schedule. The trail should be completed within the next week and then weā€™ll begin on the obstacle course.

Three of the five bridges are 100% complete and KTM 990 tested, KTM 990 approved.

Most of the trail will be brand new, never ridden. We havenā€™t done the mileage yet but weā€™re estimating 80% is brand new. The existing trails weā€™re using will be the fastest trails of the course. The good thing about those existing trails is most of the corners already have nice berms. Also, if youā€™re not aware, this property has never been raced on.

Michael is currently working on the mx track with the bobcat. Heā€™s beefed up some of the berms so corners can be railed, as well as tamed down the more challenging jumps. We will post some video of the mx track just as soon as we finish it up.

All of these pictures were taken this morning. Today I walked the property with the race photographer showing him some good spots for action shots. Heā€™ll be selling photos at the race. The picture below is an uphill shot and the race trail passes between the two trees and to the right of the tree stand. There are many tree stands on the property and we will have photographers and videographers snapping and filming from these locations throughout the race. We have no plans to sell a video but we will be putting together some good race clips with helmet cam from various racers. Thanks to GORā€™s own rbenner for doing the video.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. See you next Tuesday.

12-29-09
    Well, if the opposite of Santa is The Grench then that's who we were Saturday. ::smirk:: Jeremy and I hit the road early Saturday morning visiting our sponsors and looting their stores ::yippie:: First stop was to visit Mike at Cycle Gear in Smyrna. We arrived at 9am when the store opened. Mike didn't know what we wanted so Jeremy and I walked around the store picking out gloves, shirts, goggles, grips, skull caps, tie downs....it was fun ::smirk:: Thanks Mike! ::up:: Next stop, Cycle Gear in Roswell. This was around 10 am so our main contact Jordan (the store manager) was still asleep at home ::rollieyes:: He had three nice gearbags waiting for us along with a helmet. Since he wasn't there we talked Rachel in to giving us some more goodies ::smirk:: Thanks Rachel ::up:: Cycle Gear Roswell is my biggest sponsor for the racing that I do, so I had to hit them up pretty good . Next stop was Cycle Gear in Lawrenceville. I'd never been there but Nicole was pleasure to deal with. She had everything ready when we arrived. Nice stuff from Ogio, Fox, One Industries, Troy Lee, a bunch of grips, some tools, socks, bolt kits, FMF beanies....she really took care of us. Thanks Nicole ::up:: . Next stop, The Race Shop in Norcross. The Race Shop is the Atlanta area Husaberg dealer and man did they have some sweet bikes to drool over. Looks like my partner Jeremy will be pimpin' a 'berg on race weekend ::applause:: Bret runs the shop over there and he gave a generous donation of T-shirts and a nice helmet. Thanks Bret ::up:: . And our last stop of the day was Mountain Motorsports. They'd just received the new 2010 YZ450f - wow what a bike. Made for good drooling while they checked all the stuff off the list. All kinds of brand name t-shirts and three real nice Troy Lee Designs chest protectors. Thank you. ::up:: All in all we scored some great stuff from all the big brands - Fox, DC Shoes, Troy Lee, AlpineStars, Cycra, Pro Taper, One Industries, FMF, O'neal, Hart and Huntington, Dragon, Scott, MSR, Famous Stars and Stripes, OGIO, Fly.......and this isn't all of it!! ::

Fellas, here's a few pictures of the stuff we have for the raffle after the race. AND this is not all of it! We still haven't picked up the stuff from Parts Unlimited, Moose, Fox and others. If I had to guess I'd say we only have about half to 2/3rds of what we're expecting total for the raffle. Just a reminder, every racer regardless of finish has an equal chance of a raffle item. We've received many more preentires - Thank You. Please keep 'em coming so we can justify trophies to more places.

12-29-09
    We've spoken with several pro teams and it's shaping up to be a good battle between Orange and Blue. Both teams are sending their biggest names. Yes, Yamaha did sign the current GNCC Champ. Yes, KTM has the current Nat'l Enduro Champ. Those guys and many more are planning on attending the Battle of Atlanta. We asked some of the pros for some input on the obstacle course and they said "make it hard" and so we are. Good luck to the rest of you Of course, every obstacle will have an easy grass track bypass.

The "Planks of DEATH"

The "Treehouse of Terror"

Yes, that's the up ramp on the right and that's the down ramp on the left. No we don't need longer beams, there is a little bit of a drop.

Those two^^ obstacles are probably the most unique and maybe the most difficult. The bypass for these obstacles will be loooong as the reward for a higher risk obstacle will be substantial.

We have a firewood pit

(some assembly required)

We haven't really started the logs section but we do have some generic off camber powerpoles as part of the obstacle course. Yes, they will have a bypass too.

We're working on many more obstacles and we have 10 skidder tires to pick up. Also, many car tires to pick up and put on a power pole like doughnuts on a stick. Both ends of the power pole will be supported so the car tires are just a little off the ground.

The creek jump passed the beta test phase. Now we have to get the Bobcat down there and firm up the jump.

All of the bridges have fencing nailed down for better traction. (this picture was taken before we put the fencing down)

Oh, and welcome to our newest sponsor WESTERN POWERSPORTS!!! THANK YOU!!! Your donation of large quantities of trail ribbon and arrows is greatly appreciated.

That's Alex ^ doing the Planks of Death. And I must say, it is a little intimidating. But, I did it, twice even. The poles are several feet in the ground and the planks are attached with lag screws. They are stable

Real Name
    ashwin
    02-19-17
    Hi
    We've spoken with several pro teams and it's shaping up to be a good battle between Orange and Blue. Both teams are sending their biggest names. Yes, Yamaha did sign the current GNCC Champ. Yes, KTM has the current Nat'l Enduro Champ. Those guys and many more are planning on attending the Battle of Atlanta. We asked some of the pros for some input on the obstacle course and they said "make it hard" and so we are. Good luck to the rest of you Of course, every obstacle will have an easy grass track bypass.
    Last edited by Tims1572; 02-24-17 at 05:11 PM.