BMW R65

When I was young, the first*experience*that I had with motorcycling was riding on the back of my father’s BMW R65. *It was old and slow, maroon, and absolutely gorgeous. *It was a gateway to adventure, and a way for me to keep connected with my father.

As the years passed, the*motorcycles*changed, but the*fascination*stayed. *I went off to college, but stayed connected via work at the local BMW Motorcycle dealership – at times with my father. *It was one of the small, local shops where folks stopped by to drink a cup of coffee and shoot the shit. *The owner was a mechanic, and the store definitely reflected that.

Unfortunately, that didn’t last forever. *In 2005, the writing was on the wall. *The mechanic sold the dealership to a man with big plans. *Those big plans just happened to conflict with the big plans from BMW, however, and the store ended dying a tragic death half built building and all. *The inventory of the shop is still in limbo, nearly a decade later.

Motorcycle Insight was formed in 2005 as a way to keep me involved in motorcycling. *It started as a forum, expanded into multiple forums, then into ecommerce stores, and now into this blog.

The Motorcycle Insight blog aims to provide just that – insight on motorcycles. *We’ll be covering the following:

• Motorcycle Industry News (including motorcycle product launches and new parts and accessories)
  • Product Reviews
  • Opinion Pieces
  • Feature Articles
The goal is for new contact to be produced each day and the hope is that you’ll come back often to see what we’re cooking up.

Thanks for being here!

Rob

Image courtesy of:*http://www.autoinsight-review.com/

More...