Marketplace Guidlines - Huskytalk.com - Husqvarna Motorcycle Forum

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Real Name
    Rob Werksman
    08-01-18
    Motorcycle
    '90 K1
    Motorcycle
    '10 F800GS
    There are some hard and fast rules that will be enforced on a fairly strict basis in this here forum. Follow them:

1. Don't rip people off
    2. Caveat Emptor

The following are some tips and guidelines - most of which I've unabashedly lifted from Marc at ADVRider.com. Please consider these when posting here:

Please Use heading prefixes in the thread title of your posts:

CL: = something you found or are selling on Craigslist
    DEAL: = deals/sales/upgrades in stores, etc.
    EBAY: = pointer to an eBay auction (barely tolerated)
    FF: = For Free!
    FS: = For Sale
    LINK: = pointer to something you're selling elsewhere (might wind up deleted with no warning)
    Q&A: = asking and answering questions
    SOLD: = catchall category - item was sold, found, or the listing was ended
    WTB: = Want To Buy
    WTT: = Want To Trade

eBay/Craigslist/etc.: Linking to ebay auctions or CL sales is tolerated if you're pointing out something other F800 Riders might find interesting or incredibly cheap. Single-line link posts to external sales will probably vanish (see "Pimping" section below)! Our members strongly appreciate getting first crack at a FS listing (and a good deal). Mob mentality on ebay links = spam, think about it.

How Much Should I Ask?: If you want to ask, wouldn't it be better to stop, take minute to think about it before you waste other F800 Riders time by changing your mind, then just post a FS thread? If you want to discuss fair market prices on whatever you plan on selling, why not go to the general or accessory forum, where people other than those looking for it may respond with opinions?

Location: Please note where the item is physically located. If somebody is selling a bike you are interested in, and it's located in Alaska (and you're in Australia or the UK), you'd want to know, right?

Pictures: Posting some photos with the item (even if obvious) as well as a reference to previous trading on ebay or another trading forum is encouraged. How do I post an image? Use the paperclip icon below where you type in the ad and select the file off of your PC.

Pimping: If the sole purpose of your ad is to drive traffic to an item you're selling elsewhere, it will be deleted - and I will chuckle while doing it! If you're trying to drive traffic to some other "Sales Site" you are running, it better be something that is worthwhile. Who's the judge of worthwhile? The F800 Riders reading your ad.

Posting to Threads: Posting to threads is encouraged - common courtesy applies. If you have suggestions for helping the seller, by all means post it, but please keep blunt advice such as price policing discreet (PM's are good).

Pricing: No ads without prices. No exceptions. Please let us know whether shipping and or paypal fees are included. No price in your ad? I'll delete it... and chuckle again a about doing so.

Sold?: When you sell an item please post an update in the thread in regards to the new status of the time. One of the mods will edit your original post and place SOLD: in the title line.

What can be sold: We'd like to encourage you to sell motorcycling-related stuff here, but we'll tolerate anything that is legal, except for the following: weapons and related items, including firearms, disguised, undetectable or switchblade knives, martial arts weapons, sniper scopes, silencers, ammunition, large capacity magazines, BB guns, tear gas, stun guns, and other obvious stuff along those lines.

Vendors: We encourage vendors to post 'steals & deals' and new items here in this forum. If the volume of posting here becomes of a spam like volume, I will ask you to tone down the volume. Also, don't post crap. This forum is a crap free zone.

That's it. Happy posting.
    Forum Owner Emeritus

Rob Werksman - Owner, Motorcycle Insight, LLC
    F800 Depot | S1000RR Depot | Adventure Motorcycle Depot | Twalcom USA
    North American Importer - Globescout, Twalcom, Wild@Heart, Hornig, AC Schnitzer (Motorcycle) 

2. Thanks Emoryn thanked for this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

05-10-09
    How do I make changes to my classified? Kerry

Real Name
    Jim
    10-08-22
    Motorcycle
    '09 F650GS (Twin)
    Rob:

I can't figure out how to edit a Classifieds title to reflect "sold" ???
    Blue 2009 F650GS - H-B crash bars, TT luggage rack, Pelican top case, BMW Vario Panniers & bash plate, 20mm handlebar risers, LED voltmeter, Sargent seat, MudSling, a few other trinkets ... I may be just about at the end of the farkle train  

6. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Rob Werksman
    08-01-18
    Motorcycle
    '90 K1
    Motorcycle
    '10 F800GS
    PM me and I'll mark it.
    Forum Owner Emeritus

Rob Werksman - Owner, Motorcycle Insight, LLC
    F800 Depot | S1000RR Depot | Adventure Motorcycle Depot | Twalcom USA
    North American Importer - Globescout, Twalcom, Wild@Heart, Hornig, AC Schnitzer (Motorcycle)