Summer topic: which globetrotter bike for "shorties"?

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Summer topic: which globetrotter bike for "shorties"?

1. alfio
    alfio
    Hello there.
    I "wake up" this section for a summer easygoing discussion, that everybody of us have planted to himself at least once in his life:
    If I could travel around the world, which bike I would choose?
    ...obviously taking in consideration how "tall" we are
    I am following the youtube channel of itchy boots, and watched a couple of documentaries ("somewhere else, tomorrow", recommended), and since I have absolutely no possibility to go around (family first), I started just dreaming about it and... actually, I don't know what bike I would like to have as travel mate!
    As a globetrotter, it must be an enduro, but not too high, that is a nonsense. Not too heavy but big enough for luggage. Not too sophisticated: you must be able to find a mechanic more or less everywhere.
    - F800GS with lower seat: i sit once on that, i barely could touch the ground. But the bike is cool, it could be the option, even because there are several solutions to lower it.
    - NC500X: 81cm factory setting, not that bad, comfortable, solid, cheap... why not.
    - Benelli 502TRK: heavy as a 1200GS, it doesn't convince me too much.

Or there are several options if you can be happy with 250cc: there are a bunch of adventure bikes (V-Strom, Versys, several chinese or indian bikes too...) that are light, low, cheap and don't never stop. Just, 250cc could be enough? (if you usually travel with your partner, i would say no...)

What is you pick?
    0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
  2. Gunther
    Gunther
    I can tell you which one I wouldn't even dream to ride as a globetrotter bike: TRK.
    To heavy, too big, not enough HP for its weight
    In my opinion, it depends on which road you think you would travel; for me a 700GS is a good option for road and off road (or better, off pavement), saddle low enough, enough powerful, you can load it heavily, low fuel consumption, friendly overall. Maybe, even a Guzzi V85TT could do the job, btw, if you find a way to lower its saddle, let me know .
    Obviously, if you dream about proper adventure bikes, to lighter the better, so I wouldn't rule out old single cylinders, such Honda XL, or Yamaha XT
  3. Gunther
    Gunther
    BTW, you could train to ride in critical conditions on motorways here in Liguria, I can bet that you can find something worse only in 3rd world!