1995 restore help needed - Huskytalk.com - Husqvarna Motorcycle Forum

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

2 Weeks Ago
    I would like to restore my father in laws 1995 250 husqvarna as a surprise for Father’s Day. The engine and structure of the bike is in good shape but all the plastics need to be replaced and I’m having a really hard time finding replacements. Does anyone have any suggestions on a website or retailer, or even plastic kits that are compatible? I’m very much a newbie to the dirt bike world and going about this trial by error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Tim
    7 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '15 FE 501
    Motorcycle
    '77 Mc400
    Motorcycle
    '10 Road Glide
    Motorcycle
    '09 G450X
    You didn't say whether it was a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke. I think all the 250's of that year were 2 strokes from what I can find.
    Check with "DC plastics". They have complete kits and hardware to mount them, but they're listing says they are for the 4 stroke models. Check with them for sure on 2 stroke fitment.
    I think most of the 2 and 4 stroke bikes shared plastics.
    UFO may have plastics available as well ?
    If you need any other basic parts other than the plastics themselves?
    Check with "Halls Cycles" they can find all sorts of early Husky Parts. They could also confirm if the 2 stroke plastics are the same as 4 stroke.
    1992-1999 Husqvarna TC TE WXC WXE 350 410 610 Plastic Kit

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: descr"]1992-1999 Husqvarna TC TE WXE WXC 350 410 610 Plastic Kit

Includes the front fender, front fender brace, rear fender, side panels, front number plate and radiator shrouds. The front and rear fenders are the updated modern style. Give your old bike a fresh look!

The front number plate uses our custom mounts that zip tie to your forks. Due to the vacuum forming process, we were unable to use the stock lower mounting setup.

This kit will fit the TE models, but it doesn't have any mounts for the lights.