2018 1/2 Husky 450 rockstar edition - Huskytalk.com - Husqvarna Motorcycle Forum

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

1 Week Ago
    Clutch issues. I bought this bike a few months ago w 10 hrs on it. The last couple of times I rode it the clutch would fade really bad after about five laps. I would adjust it and everything would be could for about five more laps. Someone told me it could be air in the line, another told me the Brembo clutch is junk and get one off a ktm? Any ideas. Iam not a newby been riding since 69 but a little baffled. Never had hydraulic clutch issues on all my other bikes?

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Tim
    8 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '15 FE 501
    Motorcycle
    '77 Mc400
    Motorcycle
    '10 Road Glide
    Motorcycle
    '09 G450X
    BBleed the slave cylinder from the bottom up to the lever using a large meat syringe and a short length of clear hose on its tip. Just level out the lever, remove the lever's fluid reservoir cover, fill the syringe with fluid, point it upwards, push out any bubbles, attach the hose to the bleed nipple, crack the bleed nipple open with a box end wrench and push the fluid up to the reservoir. It will take about 10 minutes to do this, no pumping required.

From my understanding and personal experience. (I have a 15' FE501 that has the Brembo lever but now has an adjustable Rekluse clutch and adjustable Rekluse slave cylinder).

The Husky has the better (Brembo) slave cylinder units actuating the clutch. The Magura slave cylinders on the newer KTM models use (Magura Blood) Mineral oil that boils at a lower temp then the brake fluid in the Brembo's.

Here's a quote below that might get your KTM buddies attention that have the Magura clutch slaves on their bikes we are talking about.
    leed the slave cylinder from the bottom up to the lever using a large meat injection syringe and a short length of clear hose on its tip. Just leve""I"I've had that happen to me on a different KTM with a Magura clutch which use mineral oil vs. break fluid on Brembo clutches. The mineral oil has a lower boiling point"..