Welcome to HuskyTalk. Please introduce yourself - Huskytalk.com - Husqvarna Motorcycle Forum

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

07-18-20
    Hi my name is Dana, I’m 54, live in New Hampshire and I have been riding since I was five years old. I haven’t had a dirt bike since I was 16 but just bought a 2013 Husqvarna TXC310R and I’m excited to ride the trails again!

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

08-17-20
    Hi all. Just joined the site and am just awaiting arrival of a new 2020 TE300i. Been on 4 strokes for a while and fancied a change!!

Real Name
    Johnny Carr
    08-01-20
    Hello e1,,I'm Johnny 61 years old from Vancouver Canada.Ive had all sorts of bikes,street and dirt,now my ride is a 2015 Husqvarna 501s currently with supermoto wheels and tires mounted

5. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

08-17-20
    My name is Shane i'm in Oregon, been here all my life , used to do alot of trail riding in my younger days, owned Yamaha IT 175's, Rm 125's, KDX175, KLX300,WR400, just recently acquired a 2012 TE449.

7. LikesTims1572 liked this post

Real Name
    Tim
    51 Minutes Ago
    Motorcycle
    '15 FE 501
    Motorcycle
    '77 Mc400
    Motorcycle
    '10 Road Glide
    Motorcycle
    '09 G450X
    Shane,
    Do your google research of the following mods and check list, first thing lay the bike over on its right side take off the Shifter lever, you should open up the engines left side case to check and immediately replace the 6 factory M6 stator screws in the flywheel if this hasn't been done already, get rid of the factory screws and replace with 6 new M6 x 12mm bolts torqued to about 14 Newton meters with permanent (red) Loctite. I can't count how many photos I have of the copper windings being chewed up from these flywheel bolts coming loose or completely out and taking out the copper windings. I've included a few pictures of a couple different bikes for you to see the carnage of not checking the flywheel screws early enough, Don't feel like the Lone Ranger this happens to the G450X as well and this engine is also used in the CCM GP450s built in England, they have this happen to them as well. 1 of these pictures I just saved from the other day. You will be looking for screws that look like the pictures I also included.

These engines were supplied to Husky from BMW. The engines are a BMW design built in China by Kymco in a BMW operated facility and they are the same basic engine platform from the 2009-2010 G450X BMW with only a few differences such as BMW uses a wide ratio 5 spd versus the Huskys close ratio 6 spd gearboxes, The TC 449 motocross engine has a close ratio 5spd gearbox its just missing the TE/TXCs 6th gear ratio but it has the same ratios for the first 5 gears of the TE. I have one of the TC's myself. The Husky also has a narrower clutch and hydraulic actuation and other than that they are nearly identical.
    I am the Moderator of the G450riders.org forum and this one here too, the g450riders.org forum is part of this same group, that can be accessed from this forums home page above. There is plenty of archived info on this group of forums for your engine trust me. Most of it crosses over with the 449/511 on the G450 riders section.

You should also join the Husky 449/511 owners group page on Facebook. Its run by "David Bates" AKA "Dangermouse" who has done a bunch of technical do it yourself videos on the 449s on YouTube. He is also the maker of the DMD designs engine breather that you are going to want to do also to keep the oil in the crankcase where it belongs and not in the airbox saturating the oil filter and dripping on the floor under the bike. Check that mod out its real important. The point of doing this is the factory breather is mounted down too low behind the base of the cylinder and the DMD breather or even the ZipTy racings 449 breather can be had that basically accomplishes the same thing. I have 2 of these engines as I said and run a DMD on 1 and the ZipTy racing on the other. So I mention both of them.
    The DMD designs breather is the more popular one being used now but it also cost twice as much just for your information. I prefer it myself over the ZipTy breather too. Either one relocates the breather fitting up to the top of the Cylinders rocker cover. Which keeps oil vapor from being expelled with the vented gases coming out of the engine. Just doing this mod allows you to much more easily maintain the proper oil level in the engine, without doing that, any prolonged wide open throttle for any extended period of time you could essentially run the bike to the point that it will starve the crankshaft of oil and cranks are getting hard to find. They cannot be rebuilt. This "breather mod" is the best thing you can do that also prolongs the life of the engines torque Limiter that transfers power from the clutch through its reduction gear to the transmission. If you don't know about the Torque Limiter failures in these engines its easy enough to google it. The "Torque Limiter" when worn out feels like the clutch is slipping under heavy load in the higher gears or riding the bike hard. I've replaced a few of them myself. Its a wear item.

These bikes have a power up plug jumper that changes the power output from low power mild to high power that with the help of some tuning if done right and the factory restrictive exhaust being replaced it can be tuned to get even more power and eliminate any low speed flameouts.

Other things to do is the FI units "second butterfly removal" mod for crisper throttle response, the "hanging idle mod" to go with it that's a simple mod done to the cable pulley wheels inside where the cables connect to the throttle shaft and then do a re-map to the bike to race map 3 with TuneECU or retune with a DynoJet Power Commander 5 t6uner Like I have been running for several years now.

Lets see some pictures of the bike and maybe by looking at it I can tell you which of these mods may have already been done already.

You might think I just unloaded on you listing all these things that are the most popular mods at once. It does take some time to do this. So I'm just passing on some knowledge to you.
    I've run these engines for over 8 years, I also have a highly modified 15' FE501 Husky as well.
    My BMW G450X is a testbed for the g450rider forum and has several mods as well.

Get back to us here and lets see what the bike looks like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	109943538_3239352709454932_8758343159101193861_o.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	366849   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	,OIP.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	366851   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	,,OIP.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	366853   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	69226173_917686571949796_6995030028870221824_n.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	208.8 KB 
ID:	366845   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	109708610_10156911509801266_5583597458190435753_o (1).jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	137.7 KB 
ID:	366847  

4 Days Ago
    Motorcycle
    '00 TE 300
    Good Evening. I go by DrWhom, but you can just call me DrWhom.
    Proud owner of a 2021 TE300i, currently taken apart for :
    Tusk turn signal kit.
    Balance wheels!
    Any TE 300 owners, I would like to share (meaning : absorb) knowledge!
    Dr

4 Days Ago
    Motorcycle
    '00 TE 300
    Well, this seems to be an empty room. Any Husqvarna forums, especially 2 stroke forums? My TE300 is now street legal
    and I have rr wheel seal upgrades, Bullet Proof rr disc and caliper guards to install, along with Tusk chain adjusters.
    I NEED A SHOP MANUAL before I take apart rear suspension for a good greasing.
    hello...hello...hello...

Real Name
    Tim
    51 Minutes Ago
    Motorcycle
    '15 FE 501
    Motorcycle
    '77 Mc400
    Motorcycle
    '10 Road Glide
    Motorcycle
    '09 G450X
    Well I'm here and just over a state here in South East. AZ. "Douglas" to be exact.
    I just didn't have an answer for you myself on your TE300i and I hoped maybe somebody would ring in.
    I've kept this section alive if you could say that since BMW sold the Husqvarna name plate and brand to KTM in mid January of 2013.
    Not many of the BMW owners liked that Husqvarna was part of their beloved BMW family.
    Then people were even more upset when BMW sold out to KTM if you know what I mean.
    I have a 2015 FE501 myself with tons of mods on it, but besides this small forum I'm running.
    I Moderate the BMW G450X Forum that is part of this BMW Group.
    G450riders.org

If you didn't know already, you could join the Cafe Husky Forum and they have a specific Austrian Husky section on there that I'm sure you could get some activity and answers to your questions.
    Look up CafeHusky.com

I've been a active member of Cafe Husky for about 8 years myself because the 2011-2013 Husky TE, TXC, TC, 449/511 models used the same basic engine package as the 2009-2010 BMW G450X.
    But I've been active on the Austrian 4 stroke section with my FE501 as well.

4 Days Ago
    Motorcycle
    '00 TE 300
    Quote Originally Posted by Tims1572 View Post
    Well I'm here and just over a state here in South East. AZ. "Douglas" to be exact.
    I just didn't have an answer for you myself on your TE300i and I hoped maybe somebody would ring in.
    I've kept this section alive if you could say that since BMW sold the Husqvarna name plate and brand to KTM in mid January of 2013.
    Not many of the BMW owners liked that Husqvarna was part of their beloved BMW family.
    Then people were even more upset when BMW sold out to KTM if you know what I mean.
    I have a 2015 FE501 myself with tons of mods on it, but besides this small forum I'm running.
    I Moderate the BMW G450X Forum that is part of this BMW Group.
    G450riders.org

If you didn't know already, you could join the Cafe Husky Forum and they have a specific Austrian Husky section on there that I'm sure you could get some activity and answers to your questions.
    Look up CafeHusky.com

I've been a active member of Cafe Husky for about 8 years myself because the 2011-2013 Husky TE, TXC, TC, 449/511 models used the same basic engine package as the 2009-2010 BMW G450X.
    But I've been active on the Austrian 4 stroke section with my FE501 as well.
    Tim, thanks a lot! Going there now. DrWhom

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5